LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Transfer case / tranny
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:49 pm 

I'm atempting to service a 79 4x4 and the owners manual is not providing all the info I need. In the 4x4 manual trans models are the transfer case and tranny all one unit using the same fluid / drain and fill location? I can not find a drain or fill on the transfer case but it all looks like one housing. The manual lists fluid amounts for both but does not list fluid type for the tranny, just the transfer case....Confused...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:27 pm 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

All one unit, one drain plug, one fill plug. Fill with the correct weight engine oil for the ambient temperature. BTW a good way to fill- get a cheap garden sprayer, remove the wand spray end, fill with the correct amount of lube, pump it up, stick the wand end into the fill hole, lock it on & go do something else until the sprayer empties. Also works on differentials, just slower because of the thicker lube.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:20 am 

I'll buy that, was just confused why the owners manual listed amounts for each and never listed a type for the trans. I guess I'll fill through the trans and keep track of the fluid amount.

THNAKS!!!