LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:16 pm 

like the title says! anybody ever done this? i was thinking about it cause i know where i can get a luv cheap and i have a 87 c10 that has everything i need. has a 305.... (well mabye not everything i need) tranny and both axles. 2 in lift and some alright sized tires.

if somebody could tell me what the wheelbase of a luv is that would be awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:27 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

102.4" short wheelbase, 117.9" long wheelbase ('78 model anyway). Frame is lot's narrower than a C10, LUV axles are 54" from wheel mount to wheel mount, C10 is something like 66", so the body to frame attachment will all be custom and the tires will stick way out. Luv wheelwell openings are smallish, so huge tires won't tuck anyway. Seems like I once saw pictures of something similar to your idea, I think they attached frame and body atop the new larger frame with running gear.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:10 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Some one here has a Toyota with a Luv body on it in the photo gallery. Not what are asking, but. C10's will fit 3 people in the front seat,. Luv is 2... That should tell you the frame is a lot wider.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:02 pm 

I knew that it was quite a bit wider. but i wouldnt want to put it on there and the wheels not even be under the wheel openings at all. but i was thinking like a 6in lift and some pretty big tires so mabye that would make it better...?