LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: uumm cab switch
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:18 pm 

well my dad bright idea bought a 81 with no title or bill ol sale frum a crack head out back of out shop that usuallly brings us scrap metal great little truck but no paperwork so how hard is it to switch cabs from a not running truck to the running one kinda chop shop tho but hey you would do it for ur truck i checked the books its totally leagal

Post subject: Re: uumm cab switch
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:18 pm 
Addicted to LUV

:signanyone

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:14 am 
Addicted to LUV

sorry, im having a hard time following your post.

so, you're saying that you want to transfer the newly acquired cab (no tittle) to the truck you currently have that is driveable. is that right?

just one thought for you.

blind type rivets.

the rest is up to you i guess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:10 pm 
Undefeated in Trivia

Sounds like he bought a running truck without a title, and wants to swap in the cab with title that he already has.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 am 
da LUV masta

If the one without paperwork isn't hot, then you should be able to file for lost paperwork at the DMV. They'll give you new paperwork, and you won't have to deal with swapping out the cab (Filing for lost paperwork is gonna be one heckuva lot easier than swapping out a cab. If it turns out that it's stolen, do the right thing. Believe it or not, people really do like these little trucks.

Go down to the DMV and check if it's hot. Just say that you're looking to buy it, and you want to know the status of the title. If they ask you where you saw it, tell them that you saw it in another town about 60 miles away.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:41 pm 

k i have a 80 4x4 runs good perfect truck all new running gear motor trannie its recently had alot of money put into it the problem is no title so i recently picked up another 80 from junkyard with a title so how hard is it to change the cab from my junkyard luv to my runner and is there mybee a kit some where that someone knows about or any info on this would be helpfull i know not the most legal of ways but i lookd it up and it not illegal just frownd upon by law enforcement

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:06 pm 
Undefeated in Trivia

lilgoat29 wrote:
k i have a 80 4x4 runs good perfect truck all new running gear motor trannie its recently had alot of money put into it the problem is no title so i recently picked up another 80 from junkyard with a title so how hard is it to change the cab from my junkyard luv to my runner and is there mybee a kit some where that someone knows about or any info on this would be helpfull i know not the most legal of ways but i lookd it up and it not illegal just frownd upon by law enforcement

There is no "swap a cab" kit. Everything you need is right there on the truck.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:42 pm 
Addicted to LUV

The info I have tells me there is alot of difference from a 80 and a 81. The fuel tanks are on differnt sides etc. I have to ask, is the 81 a newer style cab? If so you will need to make some parts to make it work. Totaly difernt style mounts on the newer cabs up front.

Your post is hard to follow, one time you say you have 2 80's then the next post is a 80 and a 81, what do you have?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:41 pm 

oh sorry for that i now have two 80s i am starting this weekend if any one has any comments ty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:33 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I mailed in a handwritten bill of sale for a canoe in Illinois and got a title in less than six months. Of course that was in 1990 or 91 and I knew it wasnt stolen. I think you should listen to ret1614. I wrote the bill of sale and had the seller and a witness sign. Theres two ways to do things, the right way and the way you would do things if you werent married with kids.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:44 pm 
da LUV masta

Seems like a lot of work for just not having paper work. Take lots of pic's and post them. I and a lot of other are always interested in seeing project builds. Everyone does them different and you can get some good ideas.

What state are you in cause DMV is a little different state to state. I just bought a LUV that sat for 10 years. I took it in to DMV with no paper work (i had the paper work, just wanted to seee what process it was to do it without paperwork know this truck had not been reg in over 10 years). If it's stolen it will always be on the computer, if it's not then they have taken some of the vehicle info off the computer. Mine was no longer in the system. I filled out the paper, took it to Autoclub to have the Vehicle inspected, which actually ment they check to make sure the vehicle exsists and has a vin. The inspected the vin and check it against the info I gave them- what year, what make, which engine was in the vehicle. They need to verify the vin on the cab and on the frame. They had trouble so they sent me to DMV. DMV had trouble, I guess it's common on LUV trucks. So they refered me to CHP. I have not made it to CHP yet due to some of the problems I have had. Since I had no paperwork, I also had to get a certified weight on the truck. I went to a truck stop and told the scale guy it was for DMV and scaled it for @ $9.00. Now when ever someone has done a cab swap, they have gone to CHP with both titles and CHP issues a new title. Good luck and be carefull to know the laws in your state. If you swap just VIN Tag and you get pulled over, they can impound your car here in Cali.

Also you can do a lien sale to get a paperwork cost @ $30 here. Or you can do an abandon vehicle lien for a title here.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:53 am 
da LUV masta

Is it a salvage/junk title and you wanna bring it back?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:12 pm 

i in washiington state and the original truck was sold to a lozer and he got a title loan on it for like 3 grand didnt pay it and brought it bak to my yard i do alot or swaps for alot of different reason all i want is the truck minus the body cuz i recently acruired a perfect body with interior ive already statred on the first cab removal goin good so far but taking aprt is easy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:55 pm 
Addicted to LUV

WOW

my head hurts....

just do what ret says.

you will kick youself in the ass if it turns out that you have a stolen truck on your hands. they will do an owner search and want to get it back to the legal owner. and you will have done all that work for someone else.

didnt something like that happen to someone on here a while ago? i thought i had read something about that...