LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: body lift mounts
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:32 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

if i buy universal body lift blocks off ebay, how many do i need for a 80 short bed? Can i use 4 on the bed and 4 on the cab without putting any undue stress on the body?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:17 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

i think you'd be better off buying the Performance Accessories kit for $99 with all the hardware and not have to worry about it... way easier in my opinion. If you must buy off ebay, then you should need 6 for the cab and at least 4 for the bed, I think you need 6 for the longbed, but I would get 6 anyways just to be on the safe side... so a total of 12 pucks....

What size body lift are you trying to do? It's not the TYPE of body lift you get but the SIZE that cause stress (ie. stretching lines). a 2" is fine, 3" causes a bunch of prob;ems...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:12 am 
Addicted to LUV

i don't see a problem with the 3 "i have put them on allot of different trucks if you buy the Performance Accessories kit then that should give you all the right parts to do it right the first time but the 2" is good too its all up to you

86 1-ton 4x crewcab short bd 15"lift
75 k-5 2x
94 king cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:21 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

boonie buster, i want a 2" lift, that way it doesnt stretch lines or screw up shifter locatoin, and so on. You say its better to buy the kit? is it cheaper this way or what? one reason i didnt buy the kit in the first place is because im making custom bumpers that look like a fab fours bumper, so i didnt need to buy the brackets, but then i would have to hunt bolts of the right legnth, so is it a good idea just to buy the kit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:39 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I think it is easier to just buy the kit, you might be able to save a few bucks buying everything separate, I'm not really sure, but i figure buying the kit saves you all the hassle and time of trying to find all the hardware and hoping they have the right bolts at the hardware store and blah blah blah... :lol:

As far as you building custom bumpers... You should have to worry whether you buy the kit or not, if the kit comes with brackets to raise your bumper, so what, don't use them, no biggy. You're still building your bumpers in anticipation of the body being 2" higher, regardless of whether of not you bought a kit or got ebay pucks, (the bumper won't know the difference :P :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Did I answer your second part right? Not sure if I understood it entirely. :?

What are fab four bumpers? I have never heard of them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:40 am 
Banishment Pending

I'll add in here....I'd go with the kit from Performance Accessories, or call up Roger Brown @ 4Crawler Offroad and have him put on together for ya. It'll save you alot of head aches. One thing with the PA kit is unless they've changed it, you'll need to buy 2 front cab mount bolts as the ones with the kit are about 2" too short...I needed up buying some 8" long grade 8 bolts.
As for the 2" verses 3" kit...I have the 3" and so far (I've had the lift on for about 3 years now) I haven't had any problems with stretching brake lines or any thing...shifter boots on the other hand are a different story...I did have to cut some metal out for the tranny shifter to get into reverse and 4th...and as a result I had to come up with a different idea for a shift boot...it looks like with a little modifying a shift boot from a Trooper (88-91) will work...going to pick one up when I get the 5-speed and see how it works.

Boonie...Fab Fours is a company that specializes in bumpers and other tube fab stuff for Toyota's...specifically Tacoma's and FJ Cruisers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:27 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

yeah, youre right about the bumper brackets. ill probably throw em in the scrap pile. fab fours is a company that makes custom bumpers for off road applications, heres a link http://fabfours.com/ i am planning on making ones similar to the white 08 F250 on the home page, but with a prerunner light bar welded on.