LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Suspension
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:45 pm 

Is there a coil over shock that will fit the 4x4? Up here in the Vegas area there are some great trails to run. But with all the rocks and mini boulders, I don't want to bottom out running the trails. Any ideas?? ???
-E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:32 pm 
Banishment Pending

short answer is no...not unless you wan to fab something up...and why run coilovers? the stock t-bar suspension works just fine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:37 pm 
da LUV masta

The t-bar setup on these trucks along with the fully boxed frame makes for a tough setup. I ran a 2wd LUV with a 327 in it in a "tuff truck" competition at our county fair 3 years in a row. I jacked the torsion bars up as high as I could (not recommended for a daily driver-rough ride) and then had some lift blocks on the rear with a spring over conversion and a Dana 44. I jumped that truck off hugh jumps, getting close to 8 feet off the ground, only for the heavy front end (V8) to nose in to the ground every time. I never broke a thing.

The best bet IMO is to do a body lift, you can get universal 3" kits from Summit for around $75 and then run some 31"s and you should get enough ground clearance to do just about anything you would want in a LUV. You'll get to the point where ground clearance isn't your issue, but traction and POWER. Plus, the LUVs are kinda low geared anyways if you have a 4 speed, so the taller tires will help your cruising rpms and your gas mileage on the highway.

Or you can raise the T-bars a bit and add some air shocks to the back or something.