LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Shocks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:55 pm 

I was running with 31x9.5x15's all the way around. When I would apply moderate brake, I would get some pretty hard rub on the fender well/mud flap area. I put on 235x75x15's all the way around. These are about 2/5's of an inch smaller than the 31's. I was still rubbing during braking. I took er off road and she would bottom out hard over minor bumps.
I just replaced my shocks with a KYB GR-2 p/n KY344427. Now I have been able to get moving down the access roads and trails out in the desert. My problem is that she feels great running down the streets and highways, but not near as stiff as I would like for some light trail running. What shocks will work in the front to give me a stiffer ride up front. For comaprisson, the GR-2's are about a 5 out of 10 in stiffness. I am looking for a shock that will be about a 7-8 in stiffness.
Second question, will the front shocks be long enough for the rear, or do I need a longer size? I would definitely like the GR-2 on the back axle. Thanks.
Oh yeah, I bought the GR-2s for $39 each. I would like to keep the price below $50-$55 each.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:33 pm 
Banishment Pending

Pro Comp ES3000's seems to be the ticket for mild off-road use. Personally I would go with some Bilsteins or Rancho 9000's...and sorry I don't have part #'s for any of them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:52 pm 

rezkid wrote:
Pro Comp ES3000's seems to be the ticket for mild off-road use. Personally I would go with some Bilsteins or Rancho 9000's...and sorry I don't have part #'s for any of them

I found the Rancho 5000's for the front and the rear. Do you have any input on those? They are in my price range, about $200 delivered for all four.

Emo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:58 pm 
Banishment Pending

Have never run the 5000's on the Luv before but I've heard they're ok...IMHO for the price you'd be better off running ES3000's...

this site has them for around $36 a piece...I got my body lift from them...good company, shipping should be fairly cheap since your NV...they're based in UT. Also as a side note they have Rancho socks and also ES9000's for sale too