LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Heres my collection
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:02 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

Hi, to all. Ive got a bit of a problem with collecting Isuzu vehicles. I cant stop myself. All of them were sold here new by General Motors Holden. In the day they even sold the Chev Luv as well as other chevs. They reverted to the Isuzu name for the Luv in the late 70's. And after 81 they were called Rodeos and rebadged Holden right up till the present day.

This is why im here. 1979 KB20 Isuzu ute.

I got her cheap of eBay. i love that joint. Had to drive up the country to get it but it was worth the trip (400km).

Standard G161Z and 4speed on the column.
Rust in the tub and front guards. The cabin is good and rust free apart from a little surface rust on the floors.

It is going to be a work in progress so to speak. The front drums are shot so a disc conversion is going to be done first to get it back on the road. I have the disc brakes from the later TF model Rodeo (89-96) to replace the front drums with and at the same time im going to overhaul the rear brakes and change to disc compatible (smaller diameter) wheel cylinders. Im yet to work out what to do to upgrade the master cylinder to suit the conversion, the vacuume booster being so small in diameter is the limiting factor. Ive bought all new ball joints cheap off eBay over the last few months so they are getting fitted too. It will need new shockers and a windscreen too. The engine was running sort of. lol. The alternator is shot so the carby wont idle and the electric fuel pump isnt working. I had it running and the welch plug blew out in the inlet manifold. Fix the brakes, fit another alterntor and give it a good tune up and service. Ive got either a set of toyota hilux 16x6" chrome rims or a set of 15x6" alloy LS spec Jackaroo (trouper) mags for it. (one set is for my other ute) Or i could even use a set of 14" rims and keep the grandpa look, ive got 3 different styles in the 14".

The plan is to power it up with the later model TF Rodeo EFI 2.6L motor and a 4 speed auto. Ive got all the gear in the shed to go in it. When thats all being fitted its to be painted and the tub is to be rebuilt and have a new floor put in it. Ive also got power steering off a Jackaroo to go on it. I am going to change the drag link to the later model type with adjustable rod ends instead of the inside adjustment thats on it. When i have the old ball joints out im going to measure and make some spacers to go under them, in the later Rodeo trucks they use "drop spindles" and some guys have had troubles with acceptable wheel alignment adjustment. If you space under the lower ball joint it helps get better angles apparently, im going to look into it.
I bought the ute because my partner liked it and the colour she wants is pink. So it will be off white just on the pink side.
There is the possibility that later down the track it will get an aftermarket computer and a turbo.

Also in my collection ive got an 86 Rodeo LS Spacecab (i think its KB29). Its supposed to be a 2.3L but is running a 1.8L until the other motor is put back together. Its due for paint and i have an alloy tray to fit to get rid of the rusty tub. Ive also got an alloy bull bar and is going to get a straight gas (propane) conversion. That should fix the hole in the fuel tank. lol.

Ive also got a pair of Holden Piazzas (Isuzu Impulse). Picked them up for a bargain. One is manual and the other is auto, both 2L turbo intercooled. The manual one is the better of the two and is nearly ready to go back on the road, its the one on the trailer.
Ive got a pic here of all three cars.

Ive got a few cars here and ive had a bit to do with the Gemini (Imark) as well so ive learnt a little.

If any one wants to sort me out and whats what with the US names for Isuzu pickups please do. I got the KB20 as being Luv, from there im lost. lol.

Cheers. Bob.

Chasing parts for Isuzu Impulse.

Last edited by rodeobob on Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:09 pm 
Addicted to LUV

wow....that is some intersting stuff!!!

you learn something new everyday