LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Guess I need to say HI!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:36 pm 
I've been in love with the LUV since I bought my first one in 1984. It was a 74 and had a cool flat bed with and head rack with tool boxes in front and back of the tires on both sides. I parted with that truck 20 years ago and kicked my self ever since. Here is my second LUV. It is in Arkansas because the Airforce has me in Germany :( :cry: . It has been a year since I left it with my sister. My brother inlaw starts it for me at-least once a month. I have a 79 4x4 I payed $100 ( had a crack in the block). Both of my LUVs are from Arizona 8) No Rust :D but as you can see or maybe not, the year in Arkansas is not being kind it. All the work on this truck was completed by me. the truck came with A/C and in AZ you need it. A year before I left AZ I put the A/C back in the Truck. converted the old R12 system to R134 Nice and Cool. I moved the 79 to AR by towing it with the 80 LUV I figured I would blow the 700R4 going to Flagstaff, but even through the trans temp did reach 280 F I got both trucks to AR with out any problems and the trany flued is still clean and not burnt. :D. chaddmann said I should write up my swap. I'm not sure how I would do this. but its something to do while I am waiting to get back to the states and my LUVS.

Specs:
80 LUV 4x4
84 Chevrolet 4.3L comp roller cam and rockers and duel exhaust.
Holley fuel injection system.
trans 700R4 and 208 transfer case

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:55 pm 
sweet luv man i really like it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:57 pm 
oh yah and may i be the first one to welcome you to the best luv forum (and the only one ive seen) ever!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:05 am 
Thanks I am happy with the way it has turned out so far.