LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:18 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Hello all :

My name is Chad Brown, no not the football player. LOL, you wouldn't believe how many times I actually get asked that.

I live in Broomfield CO, it is a northern suburb of Denver. I am 37, married and have 2 beautiful girls. Oldest is 13, and the younger one is turning 8 this coming Sunday (28th).

I work for Siemens currently as a Team technical lead on an account in Colorado. I have been with them 7.5 years, and started out as a desktop tech, and have done everything from desktop support to network administration. Currently I am being "groomed" for management.

I can't remember exactly when my love for LUV's started, but if I had to guess it would be back in 79 when the first 4x4's came out, I thought they were cool as anything out there. I finally got my first one in 88, it was a 79 4x4, had it for almost 2 years I guess, went through 2 engines. Of course the time I had it, I moved to Phoenix to go to school, and made a few trips back and forth from Denver to Phoenix, as well as out to California. While in Phoenix I traded for another 79, that had been converted to straight axles and lifted an ungodly amount. The deal went south after a couple weeks of promises from where I bought it, that they didn't follow through on so ended up back with my original. The engine went south in it eventually so I sold it and bought another one. This one was a 78 that had also been converted to straight axles. It was a long bed, and had a Buick 231 with a borg werner (sp, I can never remember if it is werner, or warner) spd in it. I loved this thing, even though it was a death trap. Just when I was getting ready to move back from Phoenix to Denver, the wiring harness went up in smoke, ruined it all. What happened after that is a story for another time, lets just say I didn't end up keeping it. One of those you wish you could get back. Bought my next one I think it was in 95, was an 80 Mikado 4x4. If I had known then what I know now, or been more confident in my abilities then I would still have that one as well, but it had a problem with the front end that would cause it to basically lose steering and wander uncontrollably, so I sold it about a year later. And now, I have the 80 Mikado 4x4 that is in the projects gallery. It is a mess and I should probably just get rid of it, but can't make myself do it at this time.

Ok, so that is me in a nut shell, consider yourself introduced. Hope that is what this section is all about.

Later gators,

Chad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:11 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

this is a little off but i was born in denver back in 87