LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:23 am 

Hi to all the ladies and gentle men that share this common love of luvs! Just a short note to let you know the "crazy" is not just limited to you all in the U.S. it's spread across the pond and all the way to the south west of Western Australia. Over the years I reckon I have owned about five or six of these awesome, yet extremely unattractive little trucks...Chevy small block, big block, holden v8 and stock Isuzu 4, all in various street and drag race forms.

I'm on here to touch base with some of the more serious drag race Luv owners as this is the direction my latest truck is taking. I also own a 496 cube 69 Camaro, powerglide,9 inch, streetcar that we used to race, it had twin Garret gt4202 turbos that where mounted in the boot or trunk as you guy's say, on radials, Caltracs, pump gas and 15 psi had run a best of 8.60 @ 168mph. I have built a new 540 cube deal for it but was worried it may become too much for the street, so I would like to tame it down a little and drive it more regularly... so 540, turbos and a chevy luv hmmm.

An earlier Luv we raced about ten or fifteen years ago was a 454 nitrous deal, real basic, leaf spring, radials that ran high 9's -low 10's like clock work, easy to drive and extremely reliable...so it's taken a while but I found another Luv, a little rusty, but nothing that can't be repaired...I would like to mod the original chassis, narrow the rear, ladder bars, shift the engine back a little, add a cage and see what happens. I will remove the torsion bars and thought about a coil over, rack and pinion conversion... this is where you guy's come in, any advice or direction would be much appreciated, pics or part numbers, whatever comes will be a great help.

I'll try post some pics of the Camaro and the new rocket and it's progress over the next few days...please be patient though, this forum stuff is a little new to me and i'll have to get up to speed on how to get it done. I look forward to any advice and thank you all in advance for this great little forum and any direction that comes from it...Bugger me, a Chevy Luv forum, who woulda thunk it!

Cheers and thank's again, George. :D