LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Helo Luv World
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:08 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

JoeIsuzu wrote:
Do you think we'll give you more accurate information than the last guy got when he asked the exact same questions? :roll:

Luvrv8 wrote:
Listen again. The search feature is for info on this site. Most likely if it is wrong it would be quickly pointed out, especially if 800xl sees it. I will say as a older member here I will not help you again since you have not used the search. Sounds like to me you come here and expect us to wait on you.

Dude I know how to use a phpBB, I've owned several of them and frequent all of the Z forums.

And one thing I've learned about phpBB is it's search feature SUCKS.

Every time I've asked a question here you (Luvrv8) pipe in with anal BS that isn't needed. I always attempt to search before I post, but when I haven't found anything helpful, I have no choice but to post.

Example, when I search "stock tire size", I didn't find the stock tire size, only what size people run on their custom wheels, or what they choose to run on their stock wheels, or what size their all terrain tires are for their 4X4 Luvs. How is that what I am looking for? If it wasn't for you guys giving me the requested info I wouldn't know what they are now.

:cry:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:11 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Again, there is more on this site then the forums, like the info section.

http://www.luvtruck.com/pdf/78-Dlr-Brochure.pdf

I bet the tire size is in there mr asshat.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:34 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Luvrv8 wrote:
mr asshat.

:lol:

How about you just stop being one? Treat people how you like to be treated. You've been an "asshat" towards me from the start, BRO.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:43 am 
Addicted to LUV

LuvSumZ wrote:
Every time I've asked a question here you (Luvrv8) pipe in with anal BS that isn't needed. I always attempt to search before I post, but when I haven't found anything helpful, I have no choice but to post.
Even though you jumped in asking questions without even telling us what YEAR your truck was, everybody (INCLUDING Luvrv8) was still cordial and helpful until
LuvSumZ wrote:
P.S. sorry for all the n00b questions. I should just google it but I'm at work at the shop right now so I don't have much time to sit around and search :(
And now you say you "always attempt to search" before you post, but you already confessed otherwise.

But just for grins, I did a Google site search using the following:
Code:
site:luvtruck.com stock tire size
The second item is an exact match to your question: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19798
How hard was that?

Jack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:10 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

JoeIsuzu wrote:
And now you say you "always attempt to search" before you post, but you already confessed otherwise.

Let me clear it up for you, I don't have the time to sit around for hours on end searching. I can do a quick search.

JoeIsuzu wrote:
But just for grins, I did a Google site search using the following:
Code:
site:luvtruck.com stock tire size

The second item is an exact match to your question: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19798
How hard was that?

I was waiting for someone to say that, glad you know how to use Google :P Proving that the search feature on this forum sucks, and Google would be a better option.

I already have stock tire info thanks to this thread so I don't need to Google it. Using Google to find stock tire information is how I found this forum ;)

You guys need to relax. This forum appears to be nearly dead, why chase off the new comers?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:32 am 
Addicted to LUV

We do this because we hate noobs who come here and think we should attend to all of there needs. This forum is not nearly dead, many come here and don't need to ask because they actually use the search feature that you say sucks. If this place is so bad leave. I would rather have a good group here then someone that feels entitled. Like I said before you act like you know it all, why be here then? We have members that are experts on stock trucks, members who have built their own frames and know what areas are bad, members whose bagged trucks have been in mini truckin, members that are experts on the second gen, members who have owned these trucks since the 80's when these were in every car show to be found and members who can run fast times at the track and still drive their trucks to the store.

Sounds like you should go hang out in the Z forums if that is where you are wanted. I go to airplane forums, pilot forums and even Mitsubishi 3000gt forums, if a noob came into those forums like you did here they would have been ran out and treated much worse then here.

I can tell you there are issues with these trucks that you will encounter that specific to these trucks, good luck using your knowledge of other cars to fix them. As far as my background, I am. ASE master auto and truck mechanic, level 1 and smog cert for California, FAA airframe and powerplant cert, ex ARMY crewchief oh OH-58 and Apache helicopters and none of that has helped with certain issues on the LUV. This forum and owning one on and off since the early 80's has.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:52 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Luvrv8 wrote:
We do this because we hate noobs who come here and think we should attend to all of there needs. This forum is not nearly dead, many come here and don't need to ask because they actually use the search feature that you say sucks. If this place is so bad leave. I would rather have a good group here then someone that feels entitled.

And you're saying I feel entitled? Entitled to what exactly? Your help? I can do without your faggotry.

Luvrv8 wrote:
Like I said before you act like you know it all, why be here then?

You keep thinking I know it all? I wish I did... I already told you why I'm here.

Luvrv8 wrote:
We have members that are experts on stock trucks, members who have built their own frames and know what areas are bad, members whose bagged trucks have been in mini truckin, members that are experts on the second gen, members who have owned these trucks since the 80's when these were in every car show to be found and members who can run fast times at the track and still drive their trucks to the store.

I'd hope so, this is a Luv forum right?

Luvrv8 wrote:
Sounds like you should go hang out in the Z forums if that is where you are wanted. I go to airplane forums, pilot forums and even Mitsubishi 3000gt forums, if a noob came into those forums like you did here they would have been ran out and treated much worse then here.

I understand your frustration on n00b hate, but the n00bs have to learn some how, and how are they going to learn without teachers? I'm not a n00b to working on cars, or using forums... I'm just a n00b to the Luv and came in with high expectations of this community, and obviously I was expecting too much of this community. I thought you guys would be welcoming and help me out with my Luv, but it seems you don't like it when a new guy comes in looking for enthusiasm.

Luvrv8 wrote:
I can tell you there are issues with these trucks that you will encounter that specific to these trucks, good luck using your knowledge of other cars to fix them. As far as my background, I am. ASE master auto and truck mechanic, level 1 and smog cert for California, FAA airframe and powerplant cert, ex ARMY crewchief oh OH-58 and Apache helicopters and none of that has helped with certain issues on the LUV. This forum and owning one on and off since the early 80's has.

Good for you I bet you make too much money. All I need is to understand how to trouble shoot issues. It's not as hard as you're making it out to be, these are carbureted trucks, which means the list of issues isn't that long or complicated. As long as I have my multi-meter wiring is no problem either, I have no problem running new wire either.

You sir, are a douche bag. Why not just be helpful and enthusiastic and encourage my interest in these trucks instead of being a know-it-all asshat? If you know so much and love these trucks as much as you say you do, you should be more encouraging and not such a nay-sayer.

Thanks for shitting on my thread asshole.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:21 pm 
Addicted to LUV

There are certain areas of these trucks I know well, for areas I don't, i know where to find the info or who to contact.

As far as making too much money, not really but retired before 40 and now I just play with my airplane.

And yes, I do feel you came here acting entitled.

I am a faggot huh, funny I have a beautiful wife, beautiful kids. One thing I can say for sure, you would not say that to my face and walk away. If you come to California please let me know.

Last edited by Luvrv8 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:55 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Luvrv8 wrote:
I am a faggot huh, funny I have a beautiful wife, beautiful kids. One thing I can say for sure, you would not say that to my face and walk away. If you come to California please let me know.

When did I call you a faggot? I accused you of faggotry, which is a slang for stupidity....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:30 pm 
Feel the Steel

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=faggotry

Hmm, don't see anything about stupidity there.

If you are going to keep knocking everyone's suggestions and name calling, you aren't going to make it here very long, this is one the mellowest forums on the net. LUVRV8 was more than cordial his first few posts, you completely ignored his first answer to your question and he pointed that out and you ignored that one also. I was going to answer for you when you first posted but it was EXACTLY like asking "what motor do I have" and figure if you couldn't find it on the search engine that works fine for me or in the info section of this site, then I figured if I could find it easily you should too but I guess that isn't the case. We are here to help each other NOT do all the work for each other. So please chill out and take the advice given and it wont be such a rough ride here.

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:58 pm 
Addicted to LUV

:popcorn:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:40 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Meh I give up. :?

I think we all got off on the wrong foot and I am not afraid to admit that I was slightly ignorant about this. (Came in here with too high of hopes of myself and this forum I guess...)

All I was looking for was pointers and to be sent off in the right direction... But I got too stuck up I guess.

And for the record I did take note of the info Luvrv8 had given me, I should've made it known that I did.