LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Experienced newbie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:47 pm 

I just wanted to introduce myself. My names is Chad and I have luvved luv trucks since my dad bought one in 78' and have been addicted since. I own a 74' series 3 and I currently have plans to drop in a 1.8l with high comp pistons forged rods and a crank from a 1.6l impulse engine. I have found a lot of stuff from Australia for these little motors so this will definitely be my funnest build yet. So far I have built quite a few motors, 1200hp 502 N/A dropped in a dipped 71 camaro body with full subframe and tubbed. Car was in the 9's. I have built a couple of new generation 5.7 hemi's (man are those damn things expensive) all efi. First one was about 450 at the flywheel the second is currently in my charger pushing 520 at the crank (well the dyno said 418 at the rear wheels). Built 2 5.0 fords both making about 430 at the crank. One was a stroker the other was pro charged. I also have a 460 that I was planning on dropping in my 71 f-250 (I was going to go all out with this one and try to get 1100 from a 545 stroker. All of that being said I can't wait to see what I can do with one of these little peizo tweeters!! I saw what some of you guys do with the frame as far as dropping them and baggin' and man there is some serious talent here.