LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:17 am 

Hi everyone,name is Jeff,im from central kansas,i remember my fist experiance with a luv when i was about 8 yrs old,my dad had one my whole life,well the little 4 banger went bad so he put a chevy 350 in it,and put some big wide tires on the rear end ,needless to say it was a bad little truck.now im 38 yrs old and i love minitrucks,i built a 1998 s10 that is bagged and bodydropped,i also have 2 boys that i was thinking of getting a luv and fixing it up and slamming on the ground for a father and sons project.I am a letter carrier for the usps,a few years ago the route i was carrying is about 1 block from a local scrap yard,as i walked to the end of the street i see a 1974 chevy luv on a trailer being hauled in for scrap,i run 1 block down the street with the mail i am delivering in my arms , as i reach the trailer the luv is setting on the inside of the truck is filed with junk and so is the bed,but im smiling its in decent shape other than the rusty fenders and rusted rockers,i beat on the guys window and ask if he is scrapping it,he said yes,i said they will give you less than 100 bucks for it,ill give you 150 for the luv if you drop it at my house he agreed,he said if he remembers right the truck had a knock in it,and was parked 8-10 yrs ago,last night we brought it to the shop after 2 yrs of setting,it has 4 flat tires ,has some rust but when i look at it i see a slammed little mini,and think of all the childhood memories of my dad and his luv.my little brothers helped me move it in town and asked if we could try to start it so we hooked up a set of jumper cables shot a little carb cleaner in it and boom it fired right up,and i heard no knock at all,we only ran it for a few minutes,so this weekend we will put fresh gas in it and see if we can get her running,i already named the truck, The Next Episode , since we have the bagged and bodied s10.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:11 am 
Addicted to LUV

Welcome to the site...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:12 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I live low lugs can't wait to see yours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:18 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I lowered mine about 5 in the rear and 3.5 up front, and I think nothing beats slammed luvs, or Ames mini trucks in general.