LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:31 am 

My name is Joaquin and I have a problem but it is a problem that I don't have a problem with, so I guess it's no problem at all! :roll:

Anywho, I was once a Luv owner and I am a Luv owner once again. My last Luv was a '74 with a small block with an overheating problem, convertible hardtop that did a better job keeping water out of my lap in a rainstorm with the top off. Yes it leaked that bad and funneled every last bit of water to my crotch. :lol:

I ended up buying a '91 C4, lost interest in the Luv and sold it back to my friend. I need better friends. I have missed it ever since.

So I bought this pile o'junk! viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26102
Sorry for who ever it was that wanted the bed, I too wanted the bed and it came with a half decent truck, WITH a signed title. 8O Wish me luck at the MVD! It needs work but they all do. I will give the little Nissan engine a try but more than likely will be pulled for a tpi 305 five speed since that's what I have. Wish me luck and I hope the new dash reproductions make it thru since the NM sun has beat this one to bits.
:smt039

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:47 pm 

Everything went smooth at the MVD. Pheew, I was worried for a bit. Just filled it out, paid $20 and I was on my way with a Chevy LUV title in my name. Now just have to drag her home and start spending money.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:13 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

:signwelcome Howdy from Northern Idaho! 8) Lots of good info and people here! 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:11 pm 

brianloveshorse wrote:
:signwelcome Howdy from Northern Idaho! 8) Lots of good info and people here! 8)

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am well aware of the great info found in this forum. A few years back I was quite the lurker. I apparently never joined the forum, I thought I had. Found lots of info that helped me a lot back then.

My best friend's first car was an '80 4x4 luv, we were 15 or so. About a year later his dad told us of another Luv he found for sale. It was a '74 luv, with a convertible hard top, shaved door handles and a badly done roll pan with caddy lights. I had a 305/350 trans combo. The top leaked, the engine overheated but we didn't care, we were in LUV!

I ended up buying the '74 and daily drove it for a few years before selling it back to my friends dad in '06 or so. That little truck was a legend around here. I still get asked about it to this day. It wasn't fast, had no traction, and it never really ran right. I think it may have had a cracked head. But all the kids, us included, thought it was so bad ass! I miss it. I miss the little truck with the big V8 exhaust note. It was so much fun.

This stepside '79 was meant to be mine, yeah sounds cheesy but I feel it to be true. I first laid eyes on it sometime in '89 as it was parked across my elementary school. I was in the second grade, 7 years old. I would see it when I would go outside for recess or when my school bus would pull in the the school to drop us off. It was always there, never moved. I didn't think much of it then. I didn't care for it but I just remember it being there. When my friend bought his first LUV, I remembered about this stepside and knew we had to have it. I went to talk to the owner at the time about buying it and he wanted more than I could afford. It was probably a good thing I was not able to buy it then since we would have just pulled the bed for my friends LUV and just scrapped the rest. That was over 14 years ago. The owner had to move the truck out of his yard due to a city ordnance. I lost it for a while. I found it a few years later across town in a back yard again but did not bother to ask about it. Then it was gone once more and I lost track of it for about 8 years or so. A week before I found it again, I was talking about it to a coworker at work. Don't remember what brought it up. Got on craigslist a few nights later and found it! I messaged the seller, he was out of town. I told him I had the money ready for when he got back. He never called when he said he would be back. He finally replied and said he had changed his mind, truck was too cool to sell. I was heartbroken to say the least.

A few days later he replied he changed his mind and would sell it to me. I guess my begging and sob story pulled a heart string or two. And now I'm here. Hope to make some friends here. I figure someone that can show a little LUV some love, can't be all that bad.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:40 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I'm in ABQ, i will keep a look out at the junk yards for you.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:09 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Welcome to the site. I lived in Carlsbad when I was a kid, not too far from your neck of the woods...err desert.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:28 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

Welcome,
i too was interested in that truck but mainly for parts.
i live in roswell and work in artesia

"No replacement for displacement!"
___/__l____
[_@l__l__@_]***
TILTED wrote:
Boobies!!!!! 8O

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:58 pm 

77 4x4 wrote:
I'm in ABQ, i will keep a look out at the junk yards for you.

I appreciate it! Still need to drag the truck home and look it over and make a list of what will be needed. I'm always roaming on craigslist and if I find something in 'burque maybe I can hit you up?

haruspex wrote:
Welcome to the site. I lived in Carlsbad when I was a kid, not too far from your neck of the woods...err desert.

Desert and tumble weeds! So you are one of the few lucky ones that made it out and didn't come back. I made it out for a few years while I went to school in Denver but made the choice to come back because of family and we live happily here.

zyanug wrote:
Welcome,
i too was interested in that truck but mainly for parts.
i live in roswell and work in artesia

I had no idea the little truck had any interest from anyone. Wasn't trying to step on any toes, I promise. How is your LUV coming along? I'll be sending a money order to ACE tomorrow for mounts and headers. Can't wait. :smt023

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:37 am 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

you didnt step on any toes here.
im glad it went to some one who will be fixin it up rather than parting it out.

my luv is in a holding pattern due to lack of funding.

___/__l____
[_@l__l__@_]***
TILTED wrote:
Boobies!!!!! 8O

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:00 pm 

zyanug wrote:
you didnt step on any toes here.
im glad it went to some one who will be fixin it up rather than parting it out.

my luv is in a holding pattern due to lack of funding.

I'm glad someone appreciates my attempt to revive this little truck. I'll start a build thread once I get her home and get parts in. I have my work cutout for me that's for sure. It's time for this little truck to come out of hibernation.

Lack of funds always sucks and projects are first to be put on the back burner. But one must take care of the important things and worry about the toys later. Maybe one of these days we can get our LUVs running and show Eddy and Chaves county some LUV. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:07 am 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

if you need any help draggin it home just send me a pm. have tow dolly and flatbed trailer.

im sure my buddy in las cruces would luv to hear that theres another luv'r in the area! 8)

___/__l____
[_@l__l__@_]***
TILTED wrote:
Boobies!!!!! 8O

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:13 pm 
Jedi Pimp Master

So did this guy disappear or what? I was going to buy the truck just for the bed but he scored it first, no hard feelings. Then he sent me a PM wanting to know if I could hook him up with some parts next time I went to the Pearly Gates, so I sent him my number and never heard from him. Wonder if he still has the truck?

SRAD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm 

No I didn't disappear, I'm still here. Just been busy with work and other projects. Still have the truck and I still need parts for it like a front bumper, grille and maybe some fenders. I'll call you later, maybe you can help. Thanks Carl.
-Joaquin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:57 pm 
Jedi Pimp Master

No sweat bro wish you would have called sooner I was near the Pearly Gates 2 weeks ago. Will likely go again soon. Get in touch I'll help you out.

SRAD