LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:57 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Howdy, from North Idaho.
Well :lol: I havent got a hole lot of hits on my thread, Well I thought I would try to get some action on here, as well Introduce myself, and explain my build, alittle more i guss and since i just jumped in head first and didnt introduce myself Now i will. Haha

Well I original idea was just to keep the luv, stock and drive it back an forth from college. But Well sittin around the camp fire with the luv right there. An idea was born, i originally wanted to straight axel it, but after my talk with my dad. We desided it would be easier just to swap frames, rather than just to try to piece together the new motor,trans, axels, steering. but at this point it was just and idea, no real way and point the rip the truck apart.

But well, it just happend my buddy roled his 86 ford ranger 4x4 5spd and the 2.9 V6. All the runnin gear was in great shape, the ranger had a 2in lift, and 31's. and then my little 4 banger started having problems, Well that was the turning point.

I wanted to Make it better, I really didnt care what is was gona be, my buddy could of roled a S10, toyota, or watever little truck that was arould the same wheel base and wheel width. I still stand that the ranger was the best, as a rig you can get the parts for the cheapiest, and the most parts you could find in the junk yard. The 5lug is pretty easy to find, and the 7.5 rearend can be converted to dis pretty easy. and the dana 28 for the front is hell of a upgrade, from the old luv front end.

And Well i wanted a truck that i could and would be a good stable truck to swap a little cummins into. The old luv sup, would never hold the weight. I have the 4bt Cummins, it just need to be rebuilt. its there when i get around to the swap.

And if any of you read the bronco2 and the ranger sites. With my luv now on the ranger frame, I can now upgrade the dana 28, to a bolt in swap to a dana 35 for the front from a 91 to like 94 ford explorer, and i can upgrade the rear to a 8.8 rear, which is like a dana 44. and I can upgrade the old 2.9 V6 to the Newer 4.0 V6, which i here are heck of a upgrade, just gota do the wiring for it.

I bought a 92 ford explorer from work, for the dana 35 and the 8.8 (i think the rear is posi). I spent hours reading. And I can Lift now aswell! James duff lifts? roughcountry? I can now! which will help me suport the weight of the cummins, when that getts in her.

Well i guss i thought i would explain my build. Im sure some of you on here dont care for it much at all, but hell in my eyes im making it better, and somthing different. The Only Rangeluv i know out there!

It Would be running right now, if i hadnt desided to paint it, Well restore it really. panel by panel striped down to metal, and primer and then paint. I might as well do it the right way. The people before me had painted over the sky blue with rattle can rino line, which is not fun to get off. I have to use 40 grid! haha Well Its My dad and I's build, and I have my build tread, and heres the link to it, (viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24076)

8) Well this is My 80 Chevy Luv, Code name (RangeLuv) 8)
Cab lights, flatbed, and V6 2.9.

With to come, cummins swap, dana 35, 8.8 rear swap (which i have the axels) and 4 or 6 lift to come with 33's or 35's to come. Much plans! 8) thanks for lookin! here from North Idaho!

Attachments:
rangeluv.jpg
rangeluv.jpg [ 7.66 KiB | Viewed 2517 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:38 am 
Addicted to LUV

that thing looks great
when are you planning to do the cummins swap? a lot of people have talked about it no one done it yet!

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:10 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Thanks (Love4theluv) Haha your the only one that has commented on my stuff really! Thanks!

Well The cost of the cummins swap is just what threw me back, I paid 900 for the motor, another 800 bucks for the rebuild kit, and around 400 for all the little stuff ill need, an then ill have to figer out what trans i want, Ill probly Use the Dodge NV4500 5spd, (Id Really Like the NV5600 The 6SPD! 8) ) but the trans will cost around 1000-1400 bucks, and hopefully it comes with a transfer case! then ill have to get drive lines made, which isnt to much. Im not sure what they would cost. it gona cost me around 4 grand to get it all in and up an runnin. But this number is probly low, because im sure there are some things i didnt think of. I would of loved to build the hole truck at wons but, i didnt have the money.

Didnt you rebuild your engine (Love4theluv)? did you get it hot tanked and cylinders bore out?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:17 am 
Addicted to LUV

Well, I haven't commented because:
1. I don't do stock.
2. I don't do 4x4.
3. I REALLY don't do fords.

BUT, Kudos to you for actually doing a swap and getting it running. That is a rare thing in these days.

Congratulations...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:47 pm 
Addicted to LUV

brianloveshorse wrote:
Thanks (Love4theluv) Haha your the only one that has commented on my stuff really! Thanks!

Didnt you rebuild your engine (Love4theluv)? did you get it hot tanked and cylinders bore out?

well i cheated a bit. i bought a luv motor with about 500mi on it, without a crank, bought all new gaskets and bearings and reused my crank and assembled an engine that way.

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride