LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: M T LUV
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:33 pm 

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum, so I thought I'd say hello.

I'm a 26 year old male, I live in western MT, and have two LUVs. One of which is a 1980 looooong bed and has a Buick 231 3.8L, 4 speed close ratio Saginaw, slammed, Denali rims, total flatlander truck. My Dad built it when I was a kid, then gave it to me when I got my license. I soon blew the engine, so he and I swapped engines together, and kept racin. I was livin in CA back in those days, so that LUV was acceptable. It suffered a collision at the right rear corner, smashin the bed and the corner of the cab. (#2) I finally found another 1980 long bed with a decent cab and bed to do a body swap, but, it never happened. I have the original LUV (PG&E Blue) in OR, and the better bodied LUV here in MT.

I've lost some interest in fixin up the 1/4 mile low rider, because I don't have the means here in MT to pull the resto off properly. My buddy RallyLUV and I are now if the midst of turnin the LUV here into a prerunner. Thinkin of gettin a supercharged L67 to drop in, with a 5 speed Saginaw, but RallyLUV just found an Olds 88 with a 350 for $400, so the power plant is still in the air. RallyLUV is stationed in S. Korea at the time, so we have time to finish this up, as he's goin to be my #1 co-driver/ partner with my rig. Right now were' tryin to come up with a stout 2wd IFS setup, and importantly the steering, after we figure that out this thing will be an in-progress prerunner!

Well, thanks for havin me. If you have any suggestions, please let me read them!
Hopefully you'll see the build thread soon enough!!!

* As far as the LUV in my avatar, that's the ChevYota my Dad built back in 1981. SAS, all Toyota runnin gear, 18RG engine, 38" Grounghawgs. When I was a knee high, we traveled all up and down the west coast with that truck, 6 years he raced it in the mud bogs circuit, tuff truck circuit, and also ran with the monster trucks a few times a year. It had a scissor lift tilt bed, 14/ shell, and that SEXAY bra!
One bad ass LUV!!!

* Pictures in my signature, my 1986 4Runner, and my 1986 Samurai.

Pyro

Post subject: Re: M T LUV
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:44 pm 

Welcome, nice flex!

Post subject: Re: M T LUV
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:45 pm 

iluvit1979 wrote:
Welcome, nice flex!

Thanks, again!

:thumbsup:

Pyro