LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:18 pm 

Hey everyone, I just joined the boards cuz you all seem like you know what you're talking about, and I'm just a message board-aholic.

Let me introduce myself. I'm Dylan, I'm 21, and I don't currently have a LUV... I've had two since I got my license four years ago, and on top of the two luvs I've also had 12 other vehicles. The luv really captured my attention though... Whenever I imagine myself getting a new car, it's always a nice luv. They're just awesome, awesome little trucks.

So recently I found what seems to be a very nice LUV for sale in my area and I just had a few questions about them before I went ahead I bought it.

1) How do LUV's perform in the snow? I live in an area where we get a decent amount of snow every year. Nothing to heavy, but the performance in snow is a major concern of mine as I hate driving in the stuff.

2) Are their any areas in particular I should pay attention to when checking out a LUV? Do they have certain problems that crop up on most trucks?

3) How is the parts availability for them? Right now I'm driving an 89 Peugeot, so needless to say parts are a concern of mine.

and other than that, any words from the wise for a newbie?

Thanks guys,
Dylan

PS. Yes, I know I already posted this, but I realize this is where I should have posted it in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:38 pm 
da LUV masta

Welcome!!!

Let's start with the Advice.
Use the search function alot on this board,it will save both yourself and the members alot of time.
I searched and read for at least 2 years before I ever actually joined.

Here is a link to a thread concerning what to look for in a LUV

http://forums.luvtruck.com/viewtopic.php?t=15126

I don't know how well the 4x4's do in the snow,but with some decent weight and alot of skill my 2wd gets around pretty darned allright. :D

Parts availability??? :lol:
Dude,I'll let ya know right now that where we are at it's LUV Heaven!!
You won't find a bunch sitting in wrecking yards,just backyards,and if you keep your eyes open for em they are everywhere.
I know of at least 4 that are sitting right now,one is a 4x4.
I just have too many projects in my yard right now to even consider asking about them.
Heck,I've got a 78 longbox sitting in my backyard in the process of being parted out. :lol:

Hope this helps,and Good Luck!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:08 pm 

Thanks, I'll definitely start using the search tool. Yeah, I'm really excited to get another luv. It's gonna be awesome driving one again.