LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Diesel conversion
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:35 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I know this has nothing to do with Isuzu and LUVs, but my dad and I acquired a 1987 Toyota 1 Ton pickup with dual rear wheels and the 22RE gas engine. The engine is pretty weak now, and what we want to do is put a diesel into it. I wanted to ask if anybody here knows of any Toyota diesel engines for sale around them for this conversion. The model engine I am mainly looking for is the 2-LT, which is a 2.4 liter 2446 cc, 4 CYL turbo diesel engine available in the 1985 model year Toyota pickups. Reply if you can help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:42 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

http://www.dieselenginetrader.com/

Also:
Date:   Feb 19, 2004 5:37 AM

Lots of Toyota diesel pickups for sale:
http://www.sr5.net/bbs/index.sht
Sidney
E-mail:sidneybek(at)yahoo.com
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada
1985 Toyota 4-Runner,22R-E,W56,RN60LV-MSEK,rusted rear step/towing factory chrome bumper with 238 000 KM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:50 pm 
good luck finding a 2LT...they're hard to find in the US and rather expensive. look to some engine importers, you can find them with under 50,000 miles on them. but be prepared to pay $1500-3000 for one.

i'd look into a 3L engine. 2.8 liters, basically a bored and stroked 2L. they're a bit newer and more powerful than the 2L, i believe they share engine mounts and possibly the bellhousing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:45 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I have been searching many different websites for a 2-LT engine and it isn't easy to find one for cheap. I have known about dieselenginetrader for awhile, and just searched about a week ago for a 2-LT and there is one for sale in Washington state. It is totally rebuilt I think and they want $1,500 for it. I've already been to sr5.net many times and not many people are selling a 2-LT every day or week for that matter. It will be more than a week period for a 2-LT to pop up for sale there. And I am willing to be very patient for this engine, so I have time to save up money to get one. I know about the 3L, but I want a turbo-diesel and that's why I am highly interested in the Toyota 2-LT diesel engine because of the turbo charger and an ability to put a 2.5 inch exhaust on it, along with a K&N air filter to increase horsepower. Does anybody know how much total horsepower I would have as a resultant of the above two upgrades? I know a 2-LT has 86-90 HP stock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:13 pm 
if you're set on a 2LT, look for a 2LT-II. it's an improved version of the engine and was used in the 90s(still in use i think). the head is less likely to crack and the motor has more power. i'm pretty sure there are both mechanical and electric injection models...i'd look for a mechanical one as it's easier to install and work on