LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:42 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

I found this website a couple of months ago, nice looking 4x4, better yet it looks like some one is going to offer a diesel engine in somthing for less than $20,000

2.8L intercooled Turbo diesel
135 HP, 335 ft pounds of torque (pulled from page 2 on there website)
http://www.crosslander4x4.com

Cross Lander 4x4 Media / Press Information
CROSS LANDER USA ACQUIRES ROMANIA'S ARO 4x4 MANUFACTURING FACILITY; NEW OFF-ROAD VEHICLE TO ARRIVE IN U.S. IN EARLY 2004

MIAMI, Florida, September 26, 2003-Cross Lander USA announced today that it has completed the purchase of Romania's Aro 4x4 vehicle manufacturing facility that is located 60 miles north of Bucharest. With the plant now under the operational control of Cross Lander, the company expects to begin immediate production of its new sport recreation vehicle (SRV) that will be introduced to the U.S. in March 2004.

Acquisition of the 8.5 million square foot facility completes the Romanian government's efforts to privatize its auto industry. Cross Lander has committed to an investment of $12 million during the next several years to enhance the production capabilities at the facility.

Cross Lander USA chairman and CEO John Perez said the agreement concludes a nine-year effort to solidify Cross Lander's commitment to the Romanian government and the 2,200 employees working at the plant.

"We firmly believe all parties will benefit greatly from this team effort," added Perez, a thirty-year veteran of the automotive industry.

Perez said the first year of production will reach 10,000 with 6,000 four-wheel drive SRV's already sold to a U.S. dealer network that presently exceeds 90. He expects to have 150 dealers by the time the vehicles start arriving in March 2004. The remaining 4,000 vehicles will be sold in Latin America and Europe. Year two production is projected to reach 15,000 vehicles.

Cross Lander's new 4x4 SRV is designed clearly for those drivers who want to take their vehicles off-road and not worry about "keeping them pretty," Perez said. "Off-roaders, hunters, fishermen and campers will find the vehicle fits their needs in the SRV segment."

The first vehicles are expected to sell for under $20,000. Cross Lander will offer a 6-cylinder engine and high durability powertrain system. For further details on the vehicle contact the Cross Lander web site at http://www.CrossLander4x4.com.

About Cross Lander USA

Cross Lander USA is the only automotive manufacturer and distributor in the United States that is aggressively targeting the rugged, off-road sport recreation vehicle (SRV) market. Cross Lander USA is headquartered in Miami, Florida, and has offices in Campulung, Romania and Sao Paulo, Brazil. For more information please visit http://www.CrossLander4x4.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:35 pm 
It looks a bit like a LAND ROVER :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:44 pm 
it's basically a romanian landrover type vehicle. i'd be interested in one...the only way it could really get much more appealing to me is if it had a straight front axle...

would be a good project though, 20k for something that looks moderately offroad capable from the get go? sign me up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:50 pm 
Thats one thing when it comes to off roading thers very little that will beat the LAND ROVER.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:16 pm 
this space for rent

hummm looks perty cool, definetly like a Rover though. But hey for under $20K if it lasts ill take one! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:48 pm 
even if it doesn't last, it'd be worth it for a project. i could drive it for 5 years, by then i'd have my money's worth out of it. then slap in a v8, straight front axle and some 35s 8)