LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Question on a Isuzu Car
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:47 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

I found a isuzu I mark for sale with an extra engine and cannot seem to find any information about this car.

here is the desription:
Asking $100 for a 1981 DIESEL 4-door, stick-shift I-Mark for parts.
Complete car, collapsed suspension. Ran great until it became undrivable. Includes extra engine (with automatic transmission), and residue of the car that the engine and auto trans came out of. E.g., windshield, AC compressor, AC condenser & evaporator coils, front suspensin parts (possibly enough to fix the previously operable car), steering wheel, and instrument cluster.

Any information or photos would be great, The person that has it doesn;t have the ablity to send me a pic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:00 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

An Isuzu I-mark diesel, that is a rare car especially since it is a 1981. This car had a 1.8 liter diesel engine with about 56 HP. Note, the cylinder head is cast iron and not cast aluminum. So this engine is a little brother to the 2.2 engines that were in the LUVs and PUPs. Also, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if you had some spare cash. If the car isn't too bad, it is diffently worth it. In addition, Isuzu had the same motor in Chevy Chevettes and those cars, from what I have learned, bust out about 40 MPG city and about 48 MPG HWY. So the I-mark will get great mileage and is quite better than what a 2.2 engine will get you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:02 am 
this space for rent

if you realy need some pics i might be able to get some for you. A girl i know drives an I-mark deisel, but i think its older and a 2door. Ill still try to get a hold of her and get some pics for you though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:33 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

What do you mean when you say "Note, the cylinder head is cast iron and not cast aluminum. So this engine is a little brother to the 2.2 engines that were in the LUVs and PUPs"??? Will some of the parts interchane? Same bore Same Stroke?
I have only been able to find a couple of images of newer cars 1988-1989? so if you could I would like to see some images.
The car is cheap it comes with two engines, two transmissions, but it is 8 hours away and I have no idea what it looks like or anything about the cars history.
But I do have a 1997 3/4 dodge and could rent a tow dolly and bring it home.

Still kinda thinking about it. 40+mpg sounds real nice.
Is this car front wheel drive or real wheel drive? If I remember the chevettes were rear wheel drive.