LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:43 pm 

hey guys im at a total lost here. i have a 1982 chevy luv diesel 2wd 4 speed. what has happend is the shift arm linkage inside the tranny has broke. this is the shift arm that controlls first and secound gear. so now my tranny is stuck in second gear. i can not find a new tranny or a replacement part. and im despratly in need of getting her back on the road as it is my only car. im wondering if the shift arm linkage in a 1980 transmission is the same as the one out of a 1982. any and all info would be the best thing in the world to me. any one know where i can get the part or maybe have a transmission that i could buy. im in washington state and like i said have been in need of this for 2 weeks now. thank you all for your time and help.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:01 am 

I was just wondering............ Is your transmission stock? Why I am asking is because I have a 82 diesel and I have been trying to find a transmission but mine was a 5 speed. I bought my luv truck without a tranny and if not for the fact that the gear shifter was left in the bed I would not know that it came with a 5 speed. In fact, I was under the impression that the Chevy Luv trucks only came with a 5 speed in 82?????

Whatever . The fact is yours is broke right? Ha,Ha Sorry I got off the track. I would guess that they would be the same. From what I understand is the trannys are the same( gas or diesel )up to 1994. Can your part be welded?

Check to be sure with other members as I am a "newbie". There are some guys on here that really know their stuff. Good luck. George

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:37 am 
Addicted to LUV

Can you be more specific about what's broken? Sounds like either the lower end of the shifter broke, or the 1st/2nd gear rail broke (I can't imagine that happening). Have you removed the shifter to look at it?

Jack