LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: AIR INDUCTION KIT
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:49 am 
I was wondering if anybody has ever fitted a air inudction kit to diesel LUV before. l was thinking about doing just to see if it would give me a little more power :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:23 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

I think it would work, the faster you get the gasses in and out will help any engine.

Post subject: k&n
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:59 am 
i put a k&n filter in my luv and now it sounds louder and i here noises when im driving like air coming out of a hose. is it normal? what could it be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:09 am 
The diesel luv's are usually loud but you might check your exhaust system.Mine was loud but noticed it got alot louder and I found a hole in my exhaust so might check that

1981 chevy luv diesel 4x4 is what i have and after I fixed the hole did qiet it down some...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:08 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

The intake side of the luv's diesel engine is just as loud as the exhaust. For an experment try starting your truck with no air filter or lid on it. I tryed that once, could not beleve how much noise it produced.

Since the KNN filter flows more air than the oem paper filter, this could explain the increase in noise that you menchened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:10 pm 
Oh yeah if you take the air cleaner off the noise it makes is horrific if you rev it gets even worse I made my dog howl when i did that :lol:

Post subject: air
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:09 am 
i was thinking of taking of the black air intake and just leave the filter chaber part. it seems to get better air flow . what do yall think should i? 81 diesel luv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:39 am 
You can do it if you want but will be very very loud....that chamber is there to quiten the noise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:52 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Too bad you couldn't get one of those K&N air intakes for a LUV diesel. For example like the ones they sell for Hondas/Acuras, where when you pop the hood you see it next to the motor and you know it is a special air intake. I've seen those air intakes for a Dodge Cummins turbo-diesel, but of course they don't sell any of them for the small diesel engines in the 1980's pickups. If anybody here does do somewhat of a custom air intake approach to a LUV diesel, please post it on here with pictures, because I am very willing to do the same on my truck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:57 am 
I have been looking at a turbo and air induction kit for mine but have had no luck yet but will post if i find something