LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:09 am 

I have a fuel injection pump from a 1981 chevy luv diesel pump. How much do you think it is worth. I also have the 4 injectors. I was thinking about selling them on ebay? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:15 pm 
Addicted to LUV

rydholm11211 wrote:
I have a fuel injection pump from a 1981 chevy luv diesel pump. How much do you think it is worth. I also have the 4 injectors. I was thinking about selling them on ebay? Thanks.

How long since the pump was used? The pumps typically go for around $100, but if you guarantee it against leaks--maybe more. I say that, because most of them started leaking shortly after ULSD fuel was introduced. They end up needing new seals. My local shop quoted me $200 for all new seals, and $600 to overhaul my pump (with me removing and re-installing it). Just my opinion, but after 30 years, it's worth the extra money to do the overhaul. Incidentally, mine had worn its input shaft out of tolerance, so the shop had a new bushing made (an extra $40). That further illustrates why an overhaul is warranted when they're this old.

So if this one HAS been run with ULSD fuel, and still doesn't leak, it's unusual. If it hasn't been run with ULSD fuel, there's a good chance it will begin leaking after someone buys and installs it. And that's why they only bring about $100-$150.

I've seen injectors bring anywhere from $75-$125 per set. They're completely rebuildable, so the only reason anybody should need replacements is, to get them rebuilt before pulling theirs, and avoid downtime. Buy a set, have them rebuilt, then sell theirs as rebuildable cores.

You'd find a more interest at IsuzuPup.com, since there are so many diesel drivers over there.

Jack