LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Need Diesel info please
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:11 pm 

Well, I sold my 80 LUV 4x4 last summer and have been in hot pursuit for another.

What I've found is an 81 Diesel 2wd in really good shape. The transmission was accidentally ran without gear oil and chewed up two of the front gears. The person that sold the truck did not inform the new owner that it needed to have oil installed and ran it dry...

I've read later 88-93* Isuzu 2.3L truck transmissions can be swapped. I've searched, and read old threads, but can someone give me information if this is swappable? Otherwise I'll have to try to find a new seat of gears/diesel transmission 8O

New parts:

Clutch (In box)
Battery
Front brakes
New tires (10 miles)

Help, please!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:13 pm 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Not to take away from this site, but the info on that can be found on ISUZUPUP.com, there's a man on there, Jlemond, that's the guru of isuzu.... he's written it up somewhere how it's done, from my understanding it's a 2.3 gas 5spd and what you do is remove it's from bellhousing and swap it with the diesel's, I think you also have to swap out the yokes on the driveshaft so that it will fit into this transmission's tail end. I believe it bolts up to the stock mount too on the crossmember.

Info on the trans is that all ratios up to 4th are the same with a slightly taller 5th gear for economy, the bearings and gears supposively last longer in those transmissions and parts are more readily available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:50 pm 

What I'm wondering about now is if the 1-4 gears are the same as the older gas LUV's. I know where my wrecked 80's tranmission is at, and where several other transmissions are at as well in my hometown.

But yes, I've been over to the Isuzupup website too. Good places, both here and there.