LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:32 pm 

Thanks to Joe Isuzu I had options for my broken tranny. Locally, I found an 82 diesel tranny (200 bucks) of unknown internals, hired a rebuilder and made one good tranny which is now in my truck and works just fine. I have extra tranny parts available.

Also, discovered a national "hot line" for used parts that it appears most salvage yards use instead of the old "long line" system

www.car-parts.com Plugged in my needs and found a slalvage yard 100 yards down from the foreign yard I had visited the previous day! Hard to believe...especially after I was told not to expect anyone in my city would have such a unit.

Then, thanks to Joe Isuzu, I contacted a fellow in Phoenix where he had and '82 unit and he also found 3 other units in that area...a really nice and sharp fellow.

Again, thank to Joe Isuzu, the site creator and wizard!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:23 am 
Addicted to LUV

dakotabound wrote:
Thanks to Joe Isuzu I had options for my broken tranny. Locally, I found an 82 diesel tranny (200 bucks) of unknown internals, hired a rebuilder and made one good tranny which is now in my truck and works just fine. I have extra tranny parts available.

Also, discovered a national "hot line" for used parts that it appears most salvage yards use instead of the old "long line" system

www.car-parts.com Plugged in my needs and found a slalvage yard 100 yards down from the foreign yard I had visited the previous day! Hard to believe...especially after I was told not to expect anyone in my city would have such a unit.

Then, thanks to Joe Isuzu, I contacted a fellow in Phoenix where he had and '82 unit and he also found 3 other units in that area...a really nice and sharp fellow.

Again, thank to Joe Isuzu, the site creator and wizard!

If this is referring to me, I don't remember it. I'm definitely not the "site creator and wizard". ;) That would be Ben, but we don't hear much from him lately.

Jack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:36 pm 

Ok Jack, I have been referring to you as Joe Isuzu because you are the only person who has come to my aid since I first joined this forum.

Meaning, thanks again for helping me!