LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:31 am 

Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer or retailer of hotter glow plugs for the 2.2 I Know there is a hotter plug for the 6.2 and 6.5 chev developed for military apps. but didn't know of anything for isuzu 2.2, any input is appreciated

Thanx

Jer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:52 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Jer,

I know there are 12v replacements, but I don't know if they're any hotter. Chances are, if it's not working well with the original plugs (5-6v), something ELSE is wrong.

My glow system has never failed me (except when the first set of plugs needed replacment), and has started dependably down to as low as about 5°.

Is your glow system all original?
What symptoms are you having?
What is the temperature when you're having problems?

I know that's not what you were asking for, but maybe it will help.

Jack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:33 pm 

Thanks Jack nothing else is wrong. I just bought the truck and it needs plugs I just didn't want to replace with factory specs. and be dissatisfied with a plug that has to be cycled repeatedly in uber cold weather. I would rather spend the extra up front than to replace something I just purchased.

Thanks much

Jer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:21 am 

My factory plugs would start it OK down to about 0, but any subzero day and I'd have to cycle them 10+ times to start it. I replaced the factory ones with 12v ngk plugs (don't know the part number of hand) hooked them up using a started solenoid and momentary toggle. 15 seconds will start it every time at -10 or lower. Best upgrade I've done to it, especially since we have cold winters and I never plug the thing in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:17 am 
Addicted to LUV

Provoken42 wrote:
My factory plugs would start it OK down to about 0, but any subzero day and I'd have to cycle them 10+ times to start it. I replaced the factory ones with 12v ngk plugs (don't know the part number of hand) hooked them up using a started solenoid and momentary toggle. 15 seconds will start it every time at -10 or lower. Best upgrade I've done to it, especially since we have cold winters and I never plug the thing in.

Yeah, the nice thing about the 12v plugs is that you can keep them on without fear of burning them out. You might kill your battery, but the plugs should be fine. And it's also a pretty rock solid setup. I love the original factory "Quick On System", but it has several potential "points of failure" -- mostly electrical connections that have to be kept clean.

Jack