LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:18 pm 
Addicted to LUV

My niece owns a 2001 Trooper 4WD and the motor was fried. She asked me if i could do the motor swap. And of course, I said "Sure"! Her dad shows up with the truck and replacement motor on a trailer. OK, I'm on it.
Enter my Dad...
This guy was a thorn in my ass! He starts ripping things apart without any reference to keep track of things. I constantly yelled "Get out of the way". Every sentence he made started with, Why the hell... What the hell... And, "How the hell...
I swear, It took forever to finish the truck with constant overseeing of someone who hasn't work on cars since Eisenhower was president. Oil bath air cleaners and points-type ignitions have no place in todays automotive world. He didn't install the exhaust flange gasket correctly so it leaked. He assured me twice that it was correct. I took the truck to the muffler shop and they determined that the flange gasket was bad. I was thinking a cracked manifold or pipe.
But the ultimate kicker was when he poured antifreeze into the crankcase. Then he states that it's my fault for buying a gallon of oil that looks like Prestone.
Damn!!! I hate explaining this stuff to someone that has to make an issue out of everything.
I thank God that the truck eventually fired up with no major issues and my niece is thankful and very happy with the results.

Thank you all that are reading this post. Go ahead and laugh if you must. I'm sure most can relate. I just had to vent. Thanks...

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:05 pm 
Addicted to LUV

It's been a while since one of your legendary dad posts.