LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:27 am 
Addicted to LUV

willis3821 wrote:
before you do anything else make sure the pd is not setting up a sting. You may not be the only vic involved here. just give them a little more time.

That was not something I had thought of but that also makes me wonder, how can they setup a sting when they haven't asked me where I found it. I am suppose to be able to reach the officer tonight who filed the report the night I got the boat back. He is back from vacation and onb shift tonight. I am amazed at how this has turned out. On a better note, I just need to get throttle and shifting cables and a new oil resevoir and should be back in business.

2005 Silverado 3/4T Crew Cab
1981 Luv 2WD
1979 Luv 4x4 Currently going through Open Heart and Cosmetic surgery
1995 Roughneck JetBoat
1981 Luv parts trk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:21 am 
da LUV masta

I'm hoping the pawn shop lost some money in this transaction as well. If thieves don't have an avenue to sell their goods some of the incentive to steal is gone.

My neighbor has some tools stolen from his garage so he went around asking at the local pawn shops but the pawn shop workers acted like he was the pariah.

On principal alone I now won't go into a pawn shop. The vigilante in me says to pay one of the pawn shop workers to get you the name and address of the punk... but that is probably just going the wrong route.

I once had a motorcycle stolen. It was the weirdest set of emotions that cycled in the course only minutes. I went from puzzlement (that's weird, I thought I parked my bike around here) to disbelief (it couldn't have been stolen from just outside my aparment with the forks locked) to sickness (crap! my beloved bike is gone) to anger (I'll kill the SOB).

As one of the other posters said, thieves aren't typically all that intelligent. The police got my bike back the next day when they pulled the guy over for riding it without eye protection...

Best of luck,
Eric Q.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:08 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I understand the emotion issue totally. I wanted to puke when I saw my boat beside the road gutted. Then I wanted to whip someone's ass. Still do. I have called the cops for the last time over this issue. I have gotten NOWHERE. So far they haven't even taken the info I can give them...WHERE it was found and WHO brought it in...that's assuming the person who took it to the Pawn shop used their Drivers license. I am simply amazed. I know it's not the end of the world but this was a pretty big theft as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for all the comments and Ideas guys.

2005 Silverado 3/4T Crew Cab
1981 Luv 2WD
1979 Luv 4x4 Currently going through Open Heart and Cosmetic surgery
1995 Roughneck JetBoat
1981 Luv parts trk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:48 pm 
Addicted to LUV

im just glad someone got their stuff back for once! lately its been theives 100/victims 2
its times like these i want to get some of those electrified door handles set up.. come out to the car alarm and find the guy on the ground twitching :twisted: perfect target for a well placed foot to the face before the police are called :lol:

how much are you looking at to replace the parts? you could probably press charges on the pawn hop for accepting stolen merchandise if you cant just nail the guy who stole it from you start on the pawn shop i sure they will give out more info on who they got it from if its their asses on the line

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride