LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:10 am 
da LUV masta

I was in a line at the supermarket the other day, and uhm... y'know, I had all my things on the little conveyor belt there. --- And uh... there's a gal in front of me that is, uh... well, she's staring at me, and I'm getting a little nervous and, uh, she continues to stare at me. --- And I, uh, I keep looking the other way. --- And then, finally she comes over closer to me and she says: "I apologize for staring, that must have been annoying. I, I... You look so much like my son, who died. I just can't take my eyes off you." --- And she proceeds to go into her purse and she pulls out a photograph of her son who'd died. --- And uh, he looks absolutely nothing like me. --- In fact he's... Chinese.

Uh... anyway, we chatted a little bit. --- And uh, she says: "I'm sorry, I have to ask you. Would you mind, as I leave the supermarket here, would you mind saying "Goodbye mom" to me? I, I know it's a strange request but I haven't heard my son saying "Goodbye mom" to me, and "So long" and it would mean so much to me to hear it. And uh, if you don't mind I... " --- And I said: "Well, you know, okay, yeah, sure. Eh.. uh... I can say that." --- And, and so... she, uh, gets her groceries all checked out. --- And uh, as she's going out the door she waves at me and she hollers across the store: "Goodbye son!" --- And I look up and I wave and I say: "Goodbye mom!" --- And then she goes.

And uh... So I get my few things there, on the conveyor belt and the checker checks out my things. --- And uh, and he gives me the total and he says: "That'll be four hundred and seventy nine dollars." --- Uh... and I said: "Well, how is that possible! I've only got a little tuna fish, and uh some skimmed milk, and uh mustard and a loaf of bread..." --- He goes: "Well, well you're also paying for the groceries for your mother. She uh, told me you'd take care of the bill for her." --- And I said: "Well, wait a minute! That's not my mother!" --- And he says: "Well I distinctly heard her say as she left the store "Bye son!" and you said "Bye mom!" and so what are you trying to say here, uh..." --- I said: "Well, JESUS!" --- And I looked out into the parking lot and she was just getting into her car. --- And I ran out there. --- And she was just closing the door, and she had a little bit of her leg sticking out of the door, and she was pulling away, and I grabbed her leg... and I started PULLING it! --------- Just the way... I'm pulling yours...

Happy April 1st everyone!

86 L\B 4X4 gas 5 speed 2.3
the twins, 81 pup and 81 LUV both are diesel 2.2

The Energizer Bunny is trying to keep up, and is starting to gasp for air!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:26 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

:lol: and i read the whole thing . good one

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:11 am 

kellytye wrote:
:lol: and i read the whole thing . good one

So did I. lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:37 am 
Addicted to LUV

Good one. :lol:

2005 Silverado 3/4T Crew Cab
1981 Luv 2WD
1979 Luv 4x4 Currently going through Open Heart and Cosmetic surgery
1995 Roughneck JetBoat
1981 Luv parts trk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:18 am 
Addicted to LUV

One of my friends told that same story to my mom in about 1974. When he got to the end, she poured her whole glass of sweet, iced tea on his head. :lol:

Jack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:18 am 
Addicted to LUV

JoeIsuzu wrote:
One of my friends told that same story to my mom in about 1974. When he got to the end, she poured her whole glass of sweet, iced tea on his head. :lol:

Jack

I thought that was as old as me... :lol:

FIAA!

SFPP!