LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:11 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I had low blood sugar event......I decided to lay down for a while..... Must have got low and I got up and then???????
Wife got home a few hours later and it looked like some one broke in and trashed the house... She called me and I came form the back rooms up front... She check my blood sugar was 33.... NOT good. She did get up some but not enough I said my ankle hurt.... Off to the ER...got the blood sugar up, and then to x-ray.....The x-ray guy after the x-ray was done..Do not step on that leg!!!!! They put a splint thing on and we go home.... Off to my Orther Dr and wow... If I was younger and did not have diabetes he would heaved operate then.... So it is in a cast for a week and if it looks ok then we will leave it in the cast. If not it is off to surgery. He is worried about infection....

If I would have stayed up, I would have noticed my Blood Sugar getting low and done something. It is like being very, very drunk . I must have fallen down and fought the house plants. The plants whipped my a$$.

Note to self... Do not get low blood sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:52 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

i have a buddy that has diabetes, i know what your talkin about i was an emt for quite some time and i can always tell when he has low blood sugar, the simplest things start to confuse him.

we were putting the grill back on my wife's suburban, and everything was going just fine then almost all of the sudden he couldnt figure out how to screw the parking light bulb back to the grill, we decided it was time for a break and i made him check and it was like 40 ish, he always starts acting goofy when he gets low blood sugar

"No replacement for displacement!"
___/__l____
[_@l__l__@_]***
TILTED wrote:
Boobies!!!!! 8O

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:51 pm 
Addicted to LUV

My father was a diabetic using insulin to control it for over 55 years. My wife is now diabetic and follows a regimented diet to control hers. Two things you may want to do; First maybe check your sugar level more frequently and second, work out! A plant kicked your a$$. How funny is that? :lol:

1980 Stepside LUV (Again)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:13 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I do not know how I broke my ankle really. I check my BS but did not then.... Acting stupid, sweating real bad are signs too..... Took to much for just a hamburger. One Dr. changed a med I was on, so eating too much has now changed.... I should go back to loosing weight again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:48 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Just take care of yourself PapaG.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:57 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Have to sit around the house for several months..... Using a wheel chair.... maybe it will be OK by spring...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:25 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Hmmm. Wheelchair+gas engine+gears+steering wheel! Possiblitites are endless! :lol: That will pass the time pretty fast....