LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:48 am 
da LUV masta

alright so one of my dogs decided to piss by the door a few times. ive cleaned it several different ways. the stain itself is mostly gone. its a tan carpet and it just blends in now really.

well anything i do .. the odor goes away for a few days and then slowly creeps back. its really mild and only by the door. im pretty positive its in the pad now. ive read several home remedies and looked at other products at pet stores.

anyone ever have this trouble? what did you do?

ive steam cleaned, baking soda, forget the name brand pet spray stuff ..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:06 am 
Addicted to LUV

Vinegar and lemon juice. Pull the carpet up and wipe underneath as well. Then, kick the dog...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:13 am 
da LUV masta

Vinegar and water works. Also the emzyme stuff fromthe pet store.

Kick the person that failed to notice the dog wanted out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:53 am 
Addicted to LUV

Labman wrote:

So true!!! :ebiggrin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:31 pm 
da LUV masta

rondog wrote:
Labman wrote:

So true!!! :ebiggrin

no no no no !!!!

he does this at night. or .. when im not looking. i have two dogs and we go out every few hours. sooner if they just ate or drank. whenever either one goes to the door i grab the leashes and go outside

:evil:

besides .. most of the time im at my table on the computer or doing whatever and its literally right by the door

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:33 pm 
da LUV masta

Labman wrote:
Vinegar and water works. Also the emzyme stuff fromthe pet store.

how would you go about applying the vinegar/water? a spray bottle or just kinda concentrate the area of the odor?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:57 pm 
da LUV masta

A spray bottle works good, or just dab it on with a sponge.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:32 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

We remodel a house that someone use 1 of the bedroom as a dog room they pissed and crapped everwhere. we used simplegreen took the smell right out and the new owners said the smell never came back. just my two cents

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:48 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Pull back carpet
cut out damaged carpet pad
roll shellac primer on piss saturated sub floor
replace carpet pad
re-stretch carpet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:20 pm 
da LUV masta

willis3821 wrote:
We remodel a house that someone use 1 of the bedroom as a dog room they pissed and crapped everwhere. we used simplegreen took the smell right out and the new owners said the smell never came back. just my two cents

simplegreen? no kiddin ...

did you just saturate the area with simplegreen? or did you pull back the carpet?

this is an apartment so i dont want to chance ruining the carpet by pulling it back and all that

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:52 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

we did pull the carpet up and the pad. Ibet if you used it in a steam cleaner it should come out. When we did it we were able to take the carpet out and use the simple green on it with a power washer and then let dry outside. and we also scrubbed the concrete and no smell 24 hrs later and that was 5 yrs ago and still no smell with same carpet and padding relayed in the room.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:24 am 
da LUV masta

willis3821 wrote:
we did pull the carpet up and the pad. Ibet if you used it in a steam cleaner it should come out. When we did it we were able to take the carpet out and use the simple green on it with a power washer and then let dry outside. and we also scrubbed the concrete and no smell 24 hrs later and that was 5 yrs ago and still no smell with same carpet and padding relayed in the room.

i used the steam cleaner from my moms but i just used the cleaner she uses when she cleans the carpet at her house. not usually for pet stains .. just dirty carpets. i guess its worth a shot to run the simplegreen through the steam cleaner first before tearing up the carpets ..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:55 am 
Addicted to LUV

My last job was QC for housing maintenance for 1,400 units on Malmstrom AFB and we had a constant problem with Dog piss soaked carpets. Sometimes the enzyme stuff would work and sometimes the smell would eventually come back. Pull the carpet back from the soaked area. Let the sub floor dry real well, KILZ prime the floor, then try the enzyme treatment on the carpet while it's still up from the floor. Sometimes the stuff called ODO-BAN from Sams club will work as well. If it's been soaked bad enough, when the carpet gets wet...from rain soaked shoes spilled water...etc, you will be able to smell it again. Hopefully yours isn't this bad.

Now for the DOG. Take him outside, make sure he does his business then bring him and put him in a kennel for a while. The ones like bird hunters use in the back of their trucks. About every two hours take him outside and make sure he goes to the bathroom and praise him. Small milk bones work. If you are giving him your full attention when you come back in then that is fine to leave him out of the kennel, if you are pre-occupied with work, hobbies and other things then back in the kennel he goes. Make sure he goes out every two hours. After feeding and noticing when he takes a good drink of water, put him back in the kennel for an hour, that's all the time it takes. Take him outside and watch him til he does his job. Praise and treat. If he has an accident in the house, take him out instantly for a bit, bring him back in, NO TREAT, and he goes back in the kennel for 30 minutes or so,..then back outside like he was going to go potty. It's important while doing this to be outside with him when he goes outside and praise him and give him his treat instantly when he does his business. If's he's pissing the carpet at the door, he's 90% done. This shouldn't take long.

2005 Silverado 3/4T Crew Cab
1981 Luv 2WD
1979 Luv 4x4 Currently going through Open Heart and Cosmetic surgery
1995 Roughneck JetBoat
1981 Luv parts trk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:35 am 
da LUV masta

Dogs learn nothing while shut up in a crate. By the the way, I prefer the more enclosed, den like plastic ones. A crate needs to be just big enough for a dog to stretch out in. To correct housebreaking problems, you need to have the dog loose in the house and pay attention to it. Choose a command and spot you want it to use. Keep repeating the command and let the puppy sniff around. Sometimes you need to walk it around to stimulate its body to eliminate. If it does anything, praise it. Really let it know what a good dog it is and how much you love it, and maybe a treat. If it doesn't go, walk it around. They can only walk and hold it so long.

If it is crated over night, a dog needs to go out the first thing in the morning, after eating, drinking, and sleeping. The younger the dog, the sooner. If it quits playing, and starts running around sniffing, it is looking for a place to go. Take it out quickly. You will just have to be what I call puppy broke until it is a little older. How successful you are depends on how attentive you are.

By the time most dogs are about 3 months old, they have figured out that if they go to the door and stand, you will let them out. The praise slowly shifts to going to the door. Some people hang a bell there for the dog to paw. If your dog doesn't figure this out, try praising it and taking it out if it even gets near the door. When you catch it in the act, give it a sharp ''Ah, ah, ah!'' and take it out. Clean up accidents promptly. I mostly keep the little puppies out of the carpeted rooms. Still I need the can of carpet foam sometimes. First blot up all the urine you can with a dry towel. Keep moving it and stepping on it until a fresh area stays dry. A couple big putty knives work well on bowel movements. Just slide one under it while holding it with the other. This gets it up with a minimum of pushing it down into the carpet. This works with even relatively soft ones, vomit, dirt from over turned house plants, or anything else from solids to thick liquids. Finish up with a good shot of carpet foam. Note, do not let the puppy lick up the carpet foam. Once the dog is reliably housebroken, your carpet may need a good steam cleaning.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:39 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Labman is correct about dogs learning nothing while in the crate. And that's teh type I'm talking about...the plastice back of the truck kennels. I put mine in a crate because dogs normally won't piss or crap in the crate they are in. That's why if I can't give them my full attention I crate them and the instant I let them out of the crate we go straight to the door and outside. That way they do their business outside and receive praise for doing so. The crate is only a means of a controlled environment, not to be left in their for extended periods. My dogs during potty training are always out of the crate when I can watch them....if I can't they are either in a crate or outside. No exceptions. Even if it's only for a few minutes...if I'm not watching them they are crated or outside. The more times they piss on the floor uncorrected, the harder it is to complete their training.

2005 Silverado 3/4T Crew Cab
1981 Luv 2WD
1979 Luv 4x4 Currently going through Open Heart and Cosmetic surgery
1995 Roughneck JetBoat
1981 Luv parts trk