LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: WHile I am hating...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:58 pm 
Addicted to LUV

on Autowrong, let me get to O'wrongley's...

Daughters car is making a clunking. Determined it was a CV axle. No problem, Lifetimers from the O. Call the store, can't seem to find a record of ANY purchase of CV axle assemblies by me through their computer. So, I dig through the pile of reciepts and come up with one, not sure which axle it is, (I got both about 2 months apart). Call the same idiot I was on the phone with earlier, give him the number, mind you, it is the number on the store reciept from them...

"Sir, that is not a good number". Cross reference it then, please. Can't if the number is not in out system... ROAD TRIP!

GO to different store, get different idiot. Told him what idiot #1 said, gave him recipt. Glazed look in eye told me time was wasted...

After keying in the number, mind you, the number on THEIR printed recipt. Idiot #2 replies, "I'm sorry sir, that is not a good number)...

Really... I replied. I do believe I mentioned that before I gave you the reciept. What I need is to know if that number cross references to said current part # for which side of the car I am working on for warranty purposes...

After a suitable amount of eyerolling back and forth, he decided to dig further. COuldn't come up with squat. I said, the brake pads number on it good? Yes was his reply. I said good, they are for the same car, give me my axle...

MAGICALLY, he could then cross reference the number and determine this recipt was for the OTHER side...

He also supposedly went through all 3 phone numbers I have had looking for cv axles, and this receipt was the only one found. Told him. man, I bought 2 axles in this store in FEB for a Toyota I sold, I got that receipt as well.

Basically, got to dig deeper in my records or suck wind, as they ain't doing squat. They did offer to SELL me the one they had in stock. MY reply was, why buy one that is supposed to be free. IF I spend funds for one, it sure won't be O'wrongley's benefitting from it. And you can bet your ass a copy-n-paste of this is going to corporate... Image

FIAA!

SFPP!

Post subject: Re: WHile I am hating...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:07 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

i used to work for them about 8 years ago. this crap wouldn't have flown when i worked there.

always said parts sales people should have to spend 2 years in a shop before being allowed to sell parts. now all you find there are idjits . when ever i go in there i have all the work already done for them all they need to do is pull it and ring it up on my account. and remember to breath in and out while doing it. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:12 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I went into Oreily's two weeks ago with a VHT part number for a paint I wanted. It took 3 of them and they never could figure out how to find it in the computer or what parts books to look in.
Finally the manager got involved (now 4 people) and called the main warehouse to get the info. Found what I needed, but no price, said he would call me back. That was two weeks ago and still now answer.
These "parts" people are a joke. I like to f*ck with them and ask one day for a radiator cap for a '69 vw bug. You should have seen this idiot looking for it! That made my day!
The problem is the pay. I used to work for AZ. When they do have someone in there that does knows something about parts, they don't want to pay them anything so they leave. So they hire these dumbasses at $7/h with 10 cent a year raises so what do you expect.
Sometimes you'll luck up and find someone that knows his stuff but odds are he won't be there long.

The only way to combat violence is with greater violence!
Trying to please everyone is way to hard, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:57 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

pay was the reason i left. 7.25 hr for closing manager. to hell with that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:23 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Just left there. I asked for 11/32 Brake Booster Line, he gives me flimsey vacuum line. I tell him its not the same, he says it is. I ask if they have internet access and they say yes, a quick check to Naponline.com proves them wrong. Then he asks me if I want to buy the Vacuume line, I laugh and walk away telling him Napa will be open on Monday.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:38 pm 
da LUV masta

I have had to replace almost everything I bought at O'wrongly's far too soon including a clutch bearing. How many of you look forward to removing the transmission? From now on, I may buy specials on oil or something like that, but no more parts.