LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:26 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Last night as I was leaving work, I heard a grinding noise when I applied the brakes. Using the parking brake to stop without any noise, I concluded the front brake pads had died. Went to Auto Zone, ordered new pads and instead of going through town to get home, I took the interstate so I would only have to stop once. I pulled off the interstate, downshifted to slow down and came up to the only little town I had to go through. In order to avoid slamming the brakes on, I was doing around 10 mph in a 25 mph zone. No biggie! Until I saw lights flashing in my mirror and heard the siren. I got pulled over! The cop walks up to me, I give him my license, registration, and insurance card. "Do you know why I pulled you over?" Of course I said no, to which he said, "You were driving SUSPICIOUSLY SLOW." After explaining to him about the front brakes and he explained to me about people staking out homes to rob, we both had a laugh. I did make it home, tore the front brakes apart and found minimal damage. New pads to go on tomorrow after a bit of rotor cleaning.

1980 Stepside LUV (Again)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:39 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

That's exactly the kind of cop I want in my neck of the woods. Proactive....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:04 pm 
da LUV masta

Ha, ha. I was once oozing through a small town and over the railroad tracks after the guy at the limestone quarry put more chips in my truck than i like to haul. I figured if I was stopped, I would point out their 20 MPH speed limit. I was within my plate rating and maybe even GM's GVW, but still had very low steering effort.