LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:00 pm 
da LUV masta

Hi guys.

I have posted on here a number of times that I have some leftover '75 parts that I was willing to give away for free to other members. In particular, a transmission, alternator, clutch assembly.

Well I never had any interest from the folks on LuvTruck so I finally decided to post them for free on Craigslist. Within 1 hour I had 10 requests. The overwhelming response freaked me out so I quickly took down the posting.

It freaked me out because I couldn't believe there were that many folks interested in my old chevy luv parts if I couldn't give them away to people that might actually use them here. Therefore I figured they were all crack heads and I wasn't excited about a crack head coming to my house.

What do other folks think? I would love to have these parts go to someone that could use them. How can I go about widely publicizing w/o attracting dead beats.

Thanks,
Eric Q.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:26 pm 
Feel the Steel

I for one am not going to pay shipping on parts unless I really need something, which I dont need much and there are still a few trucks in boneyards around here, dealing local is so much easier. I bet most of the replies you got on CL are people who are going to take the parts to the scrap yard for cash. Put reasonable/low prices on them to weed out the scammers an to get people who might actually need the parts.
When I left Denver to move to Wyoming, I posted an old rack component stereo for free and within a minute I had 125 replies. It was amazing some of the garbage I had people would come and take since it was free. 8O

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:21 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I just posted an extra set of drums that I have on CL. Within 2 hours, I had 2 responses... from scammers.

Word to the wise, if the emails say "do you still have this item" or "do you still have the item in favorable condition" or something similar, it's usually a scammer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:22 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Eric Q. wrote:

What do other folks think? I would love to have these parts go to someone that could use them. How can I go about widely publicizing w/o attracting dead beats.

Deal with them on the phone. Ask them about their luvs. Real luv owners love to talk about their trucks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:00 am 
Australian LUV Guru

Whenever i have something that i no longer need, i just leave it out on the sidewalk. Guarantee'd gone by they time im back indoors.

LUVTRKR wrote:
It does have a license plate so technically it is a street truck, that sets off car alarms and makes kids cry. lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am 
da LUV masta

Thanks for all the advice and tips. I'll try them in my next craigslist ad.

Eric Q.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:55 am 
Addicted to LUV

Do not give your cell phone # out... Get their phone number and call them, You can block your phone #.