LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:58 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Looking through cardomain, and this guy signed a friend guestbook talking trash about his truck, this thing makes me sick... american rice if i ever did see it

http://www.cardomain.com/id/viciouscarclub3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:17 pm 
Addicted to LUV

What kiils me is installing a wing that doesn't do any good under 120 MPH. That's a lot of money to spend on something that will only add weight.

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:52 pm 
you do that kind of crud if you have cash, but no ability to work on a car. anyone can pay to have a wing, interior, stereo, etc, installed. the respect in my book is the guy ballzy enough to rip out the motor and cut and weld. the guy that puts performance over cosmetics. although some cosmetics are great- you all know what im talking about.

lets see the average ricer drop in a cam.....

YEAH! THATS WHAT I THOUGH! (ricer speaking)..uh, whats a cam?!?

IDIOT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:47 am 
Resident Sparktrician

I don't really understand all the "ricer" business. All because someone has a different taste in automobiles and style? In Japan, I saw true 500whp Skylines, Supras, etc. You name it, and they had it. Some were mildly styled and some outrageous. I personally own a four door Nissan sport sedan, and I adore it. It has a nice stereo that I personally installed and am highly proud of. Do I have high performance engine products that can light my hair on fire? No. Am I a full time college student living on active duty military pay with two dependent family members and need the warranty coverage on my new vehicle? Definitely! I worked hard to earn what I have, and if someone started thrashing my hard earned enjoyment, I'd become that defensive "ricer" real quick. Anyway, down off my soapbox I step. I'm sure this post will not be appreciated for what it truly is (a different point of view) so flame if you will, but I don't think the derogatory bullshit is cool.

Jon

1990 Luv 4X4 "Family Cab"
with the big 4 banger on 31" Dueller A/Ts

1989 Dodge Raider with some junk...

"Urban Fighter F.P.C" coming soon to a road near you...:snipersmile:
got BOOBIES? 8O 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:13 am 
Addicted to LUV

mostly i agree Kuranosuke,
i give credit to anyone who modifys his/her car to fit thier tastes. wether i like it or not. its your ride. do what you want. im sure alot of ppl shake thier heads at my flamed taillights on my cavalier. know what? its mine. they are leagl. so :fist: off :lol:
and for the little rich punks that get mommy and daddy to pay for all thier stuff. well if i could convince mine to pay for it. id probaly do the same. but i know that the pride of paying for and installing it yourself is worth more than even the coolest bodykit.
the thing that DOES annoy me is if someone stickers the car up w/ a buncha shit it does not have. IE: NOS...greddy..type R ect....

now the guy in the video that i posted w/ the stang needs shot :evil:
turbo,intercooled,rotary engine w/ headers :roll: wtf

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:24 am 
Resident Sparktrician

I agree fully, bullshit'n is bullshit'n. Be proud of what you have, not of what you wish you could have. With me, what you see is what you get (and that includes all aspects). I've never been a big fan of liars.

1990 Luv 4X4 "Family Cab"
with the big 4 banger on 31" Dueller A/Ts

1989 Dodge Raider with some junk...

"Urban Fighter F.P.C" coming soon to a road near you...:snipersmile:
got BOOBIES? 8O 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:50 am 
Addicted to LUV

I think its because here in the U.S., Brute force, larger cubic inch displacement power was born. And going with that kind of thinking, we Luv owners have continued on by converting our "ricer" trucks and living our Americanized hi performace dreams. It just seems backward to find American vehicles being "ricered". Will it continue? Yes it will. It will continue on both sides of the table. The difference being that most mini trucks will be faster than they look and most Japanize cars will look faster than they really are. In our case, pumping 750 dollars worth of V motor and conversion mods into these trucks will have a very significant effect in performance whereas the same amount of money in to a "ricer" might get you a coffee can for a muffler and a cool graphics kit. Hi performance gains in a Japanise car will be hi dollar. Also there is something about the sound and feel of a V-8 motor. V-8's were born here and there will always be the true loyalist. Here on this site there's drag trucks, street trucks, stock trucks, 4x4 trucks and low rider trucks with different engine combinations. But we do know our place. Nobody is trying to build their truck to handle the turns at Sears Point.

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:11 am 
What do I think of when I think ricer. Lowered cars dont bother me. Bumpin stereos dont bother me. The thing that get under my skin is all the little 4 bangers running around with all the HUGE stickers, Neon kits, etc... that look all done up- but its plastic, vinyl, and bolt on accessories. while this is all pretty "neat-o", most ricer cars dont have many, if any, engine mods. And all this fancy stuff is a front for making these cars look fast or 'bad', when they arent.

Let me tell you this. the day this site posts a chevy luv with big vinyl stickers, a fart cannon, and all the other typical addons- will be a sad day. All you guys with lowered trucks arent what im reffering to. I lowered a truck once and loved it. It had the big tunes in it. I plan on lowering my truck that I have now. It has a lot to do with the mentality of the owner- thinking his stuff is SO BAD, and looking upon everyone else like they are POC.

Someone hit it on the head when they reffered to a lot of us being biased by big cubes. I AM. And I know for a FACT that there are people who laugh at anyone putting a V8 into a little truck. Fair enough for me. doesnt bother me a bit. My neighbor is a ricer. This guy knows NOTHING about his car. He talks nonstop about how fast (top speed) it will go. You see, they want the speed, and they think putting on stickers and fancy groundwork and shifterknobs are the thing that will do it. not getting into the "car" itself.

Finally, this site as far as i knew, was a chevy luv site. not any other kind of site. At this point i feel free to express my opinion based on that. If you have chevy luv and work on it, fix it, alter it, etc... In my opinion there is no way you can be a ricer no matter what kind of other car you have for the fact that you are willing and able to work on your car. Its the guy that buys the wing, the N20 kit, the vinyl, the fart cannon, who thinks this is high performance- he is an idiot.

Funny thing about the day and age we live in. You cant please everyone. I am happy with what I have. There are plenty of guys that have ripped on ricers on this site. If that bothers anyone, maybe join a ricer site. If this site turns into a ricer site- I will shake all your hands, wish you the best with your projects- and see you at the strip!