LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: i'm pissed
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:53 am 
Addicted to LUV

well today i went to buy a new car. i've been lookin at a 1988 chevy cavalier z24 in denver. me and my dad took the trip up there with cash to pick it up. i've talkied to the dealer 3 different times and he said it's a great car. it was pretty nice when we started to look at and i planned on taking it home. there was a dent on the drivers door but a easy fix. well we went inside to get the keys to hear it run and he said the battery might be dead because it's sat so song. i can understand that so we went out there and jumped it. right as soon as it started i know i wasn't going to be taking it home. the engine was reving up and down at idle. i got inside to play with all the controls and the a/c,heat,radio, and the digital gauges were not working.i went to roll down the windows (power) and the damn buttons fell into the dash 8O . i didn't think they were going to roll down but it took them about 30 seconds :? . well we went to take it for a test drive and stopped in the parking lot to check the engine out again and it was still reving up and down. well it eventually it died and no power at all when we tried to turn the key. at this time i was really pissed because he told me over the phone that the car was clean. we drove all the way to denver ( 75 miles). then we went inside to give him the keys back and he had the balls to ask me why i didn't like 8O . i pretty much told him i wouldn't pay 500 for it. so there goes half the day already :x
we got back in town i went all over looking at cars and were having no luck finding anything. we went to go home and noticed a 1989 s-10 sitting on the side of the road so we went ahead and stopped. there was about 5 guys standing around to checking it out. it had nice 17 inch fat tires on it and i liked it. i gave the guy a call to come out so i could test drive it. the only thing that was wrong with it was the brake pedal travled all the way to the floor. it was a nice truck but as soon as i drove it i new i didn't like it.
well i didn't find a car and i'm not happy. my daughters birthday party is tomorrow so i think i'll make a 30 min appearance and go out looking again :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:40 am 
awe im aorry i know how it feels been looking for a truck for months now im hoping the one that was posted on here goes though and its clean cause if he gets pictures and it looks pertty decent its an 8 hour drive :/ and with a trailer no less but good luck and happy birthday to your daughter:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:14 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Don,t give up. Every time I go to buy a car, I look and look until I just can,t take anymore. Just when I think my head will explode, the right thing comes along. :lol: Some things in life never change ,8O good luck. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:17 pm 
Feel the Steel

That sucks but I know what you are going through!! I found out I would NEVER buy a vehicle from any of the used car dealers in Denver!!! I will only buy from private parties from now on. I went to look at a Dually back when I wanted mine from a car dealer, I said I would be right there, when I got there about 20 minutes later, they had already sold if they day before. They were like "oops, sorry" then I found one in the paper for a lot less than they wanted for pretty much the same thing. Then when I was looking for my Suburban, I kept going to used dealers like you went to. Every vehicle had something pretty major wrong with them but they all said, "That noise, Oh that's nothing to worry about, you know how older vehicles get?? (yea, 6 years is SOOO old :roll: )" I think that is in part of their training. Every Burb was in the $12,000 to $14,000 range. Well I got fed up and called the first ad I seen in the paper, sounded like it might be another pile for the price listed, well it took about 2 seconds to say "I'll take it!"(the one in my sig) Paid a little over half of what the car dealers wanted and it is the best running vehicle I have ever had!!! Getting to my point, don't trust any used car dealers (esp here in Denver) and buy from private owners. A lot easier to find a good deal and HONESTY!!! I hope you find a good car!!

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:38 pm 
Addicted to LUV

me and my dad were looking at the gauges wondering why they weren't working and the guy ran over and said you have to wait 10 minutes for the gauges to reset :roll: . we waited 10 mins and nothing. BASTARDS it looked like they bought every car on the lot out of a junkyard. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:09 pm 
Addicted to LUV

sorry to hear about that man, dont let that discourage you from getting a cav tho. ive had mine for about 3 years now and nothing major has went wrong (yet! ..knock on wood)
and mine was a rebuilt salvage :lol:

i got a car dealer story. when we bought my wife her caravan, i knew exactly what i wanted. a 93-96 dodge grand caravan. simple right? nope. hunted all over one day trying to find one at a decent price. and i stopped at one ford dealership and asked them if they had any pre-owned dodge caravans on thier back lot. the guy said "yeah i think there is a white one back there" well we went back and what he was thinking of was a olds bravada! WTF!! how the hell do you mix THOSE two up? well i said "no thanks" and he tries to show (sell) me a freakin FOCUS!!
i looked at the guy and said "i come in here looking for a minivan. and your trying to sell me a focus?" ahhh......NO!
dude defiantly didnt get employee of the month. im sure.

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws