LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: these are my dream cars
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:04 pm 
Addicted to LUV

if you have some spare time check out this site. check the galleries :lol: :lol: they have our same set-up. i can't believe why people would do these things to a car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://anti-rice.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:20 pm 
Addicted to LUV

That site rules! I even bookmarked it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:44 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

i hope no luvs end up there :twisted: but that is pretty cool later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:44 pm 
This site is way cool! Ok, thats the only teenage jargon I know. The owner of anti-rice should get the internet's version of the oscar. Pure brilliance I tell you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:55 pm 
Addicted to LUV

some funny stuff on there :lol: ....but as ive said b4...to each is own....i let the ricers be ricers.

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:29 am 
Addicted to LUV

i spent close to 2 hours on there when i found it. people are dumb enough to make spoilers out of tin foil :lol: and ground effects with wood :lol: . there is actually a couple nice cars on there. 3 or 4. it took me forever to find a rice bashing site :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:05 am 
Addicted to LUV

check out all the flaws to the fast and furious :lol:

1. In the opening hijack scene, the semi obviously has two sets of rear wheels on the trailer, but when it comes to the scene where the black Honda is under the trailer, there is only one set of rear wheels

2. In the first tractor hijacking the right rear trailer door is open. Then they show a view from the rear and the door is shut

3. In the beginning of the movie when Brian is testing out his Eclipse on the track you will notice that the camera view has changed from the passenger seat to the driver's seat. When the camera is in the driver's seat you can clearly tell that Brian is driving on the right-hand side of the car. This can be noticed by the distance of the door to the driver. Any import enthusiast will know that there are no right hand drive eclipses available for that year.

4. When Brian is topping out his car in the stadium parking lot at the beginning, he is shifting and steering with the same hand

5. When Brian is maxing out his car in the parking lot at the beginning of the film, he shifts gears 7 times (going forward) and when he spins out, his reverse lights are on.

6. When Brian tops out his Eclipse, it spins out. A car should not spin out at top speed. A car will either reach a drag limit or, in this case, hit the engine's fuel cut off, and should continue straight. He did not jerk the wheel to make the tires loose traction, nor did a tire blowout. Imagine if a magazine editor tested the top speed on a Viper, he would be spinning from 186 MPH. No one would be testing top speeds on cars if this event occurred.

7. In the opening scenes when Brian goes back to the shop, he demands that he needs some nitrous to boost his low top speed. Well I'm sure that most tuners will agree that more horsepower doesn't equal more top speed, it only contributes IF you have a transmission that can handle it and distribute it. I was sure they'd had some type of car advisors on the film.

8. When Brian arrives at the gathering of all the racers, between the buildings, there is a camera shot where the camera is real low as he drives by. With the green lights below his car you can clearly see a loop of hose dragging on the ground

9. When Brian pulls up in the warehouse alley in his Eclipse look at the car to his left. It’s Hectors car with no hood and the same chrome engine and graphics on the windshield. But when Hector says "that's mine" he points across the lot and the car is still next to them.

10. In the scene where Dom pulls up to the street race with his team, he clearly has indiglo gauges. When the 4 cars race, Dom glances at his speedometer, and...no indiglo

11. When all of the cars are lined up before they bet on the first race, and the hood to the green eclipse is open....they talk about the turbo and all the rest, blah blah blah. If anyone knows about eclipses and talons of those years, they would know that the engine that was in it was the NON-turbo 420A engine, not the turbo 4G63 engine. The only turbo kits that I've seen for the 420A put the turbo right on the top.

12. In the shot when Dom goes to see what Brian has under the hood before the 4 car race, the NOS lines in Brian's car are on the left. When he starts the race, his car torques to the right, meaning that the engine went to the left: toward the NOS lines. There is no way that Brian would have installed the NOS lines on the left side of the engine. If you torque your engine toward the NOS lines you risk cutting them. Any real street racer would have put them on the right so that they wouldn’t blow themselves up.

13. Before the race, when Ja Rule says that Brian Spilner had enough NOS to blow himself up, he wouldn't know that by looking in the hood of the car. The NOS bottles are in the back seat.

14. This mistake occurs during the first racing scene between the four guys. It happens after Jesse and Ja Rule look under the hood of Brian's Eclipse. As soon as Brian says 'Am I worthy?' He is in the middle of his sentence, it cuts to a different camera angle and shows Brian smiling but not moving his mouth while his words are still being said.

15. When the four cars are racing down the street, Dom opens up his seat and turns on the nitrous, if you notice the knob he turns is on the far right side, and in the second shot, the knob is on the far left side

16. In The First race with the 4 cars you see all 4 guys shift into first gear. If you look each hand is a WHITE person's hand that shifts the gear. Out of all the 4 guys there are 2 white guys, a chinese guy, and a black guy

17. In the first street race, you see 4 people shift into 1st gear, but when the latino guy says go, Dom shifts into first gear. That would mean there were 5 cars in the race, but there were only 4.

18. In the DVD edition, Rob Cohen tells the viewer that the racers don't have speedometers in their cars, because they don't have time to look down, but in the first race Brian pulls out laptops, presses buttons, reads graphs, all of which are on the passenger seat

19. In the race between the four cars, you see Brian after his first shot of NOS pass Edwin, but in the next shot you see him pass the same person again

20. When Brian is in the street race with Dom, Ja Rule, and that Asian kid, he blows off his floor panel. How does stressing an engine blow off the floor panel? And furthermore, after stage one blows his engine, the engine should seize and the car should stop dead

21. In the first race, Brian is going at 140 Mph but his hood clip cable is straight in the air and is not moving.

22. At the end of the first race scene with the four cars, Brian spins out. As he spins out you can see that the Asian guy in the white car comes toward him, but when Brian completes the spinout the white car doesn't pass him

23. In the beginning race, they mention blowing the welds off of the manifolds. If you know your metals and car parts, any manifold (intake or exhaust) that has welds has usually been damaged in the past and the weld is a quick fix. They are usually made by casts and no welds are used in making them

24. When Bryan races Dom for the first time they look at his car and the Jessie says something about how much NOS he has in his car. After the race Dom says what he will have to do to fix what the 100 shot did. A 100 shot is not an incredible amount by any standard.

25. After the end of the first street race when Dom is going on about being a real racer and how it doesn’t matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Behind him is a kid in a black shirt with spiky hair, it then cuts over to Brian and the same kid is behind him

26. After Dom parks his car in the garage after the first race, and walks outside, the cop car that comes down the hill is a ford Crown Victoria. When the cop car turns around in the middle of the street it's a Chevy Caprice. (look at the headlights and the grill)

27. In the 4 car race with Brian, Dominic, Eddie and the Asian guy, Brian blows out his passenger side floor plate after using the second Nos burst. But when he picks up Dominic to escape from the cops, Dominic sits comfortably in the passenger seat

28. When Brian picks up Dom he runs away from cops. He drives between two cop cars and then jumps. When you look carefully you can see a ramp for the car

29. When Brian saves Dom from the cops after the street race and they are driving, the Eclipse shifts gears while Brian's right hand is on the steering wheel the whole time

30. In the scene where Dom and Brian first meet up with Johnny's motorcycle gang, as the motorcycles approach, there is a blue yamaha just behind the window on Dom's side, when they cut to the shot inside the car, the blue yamaha is right next to Dom, not only that, but it's a different yamaha. The bike outside the car has 2 circle headlights, and little red stripes down the nose, the one next to Dom on the inside car shot has no stripes, and different headlights.

31. In the scene in which Johnny Tran and his gang on bikes order Brian and Dom to stop, Brian stops with his back to the road they came from. When Tran rides away, we see that the green eclipse is with its front to the road they came from

32. When Mia sees Brian coming into the house, she looks down at herself and decides to change. When she takes off her shirt and throws it at the camera, look at the mirror and you can se the cameraman's arm reaching out to catch the flying shirt. Play that spot in slow-motion and you'll see.

33. In the scene where Brian goes back to Dom's house for the first time, Dom gives him Vince's beer. They show him lift his shirt and wipe the beer off, then they cut back and they show him again lifting his shirt up and wiping the beer off

34. When Brian breaks into Hector's garage, he looks at the tires, then reports that the tires didn't match. How hard is it to change tires?

35. After he breaks into Hector’s garage, Brian talks about Motec exhaust systems. Motec doesn't make exhausts, they make engine management electronics

36. When Tran is talking to the guy in his shop about the empty engine bays, the empty engine bays belong to a Civic and an Integra, yet Tran makes a comment about some Nissan SR20 motors for the engine bays. Interesting motor swap.

37. At the scene where Johnny Tran pumps oil into the mechanic's mouth, the shirt of the mechanic changes from REALLY wet, to almost dry in every shot

38. In the scene where Brian is talking to all the officers in the police hideaway the commanding officer is smoking a cigar, the scene cuts to a different angle and the cigar is gone.

39. In the scene where Brian is with the Muse, the commander and the FBI watchdog in the safe house kitchen, Muse makes a smart crack about getting off over Mia Toretto, then Brian pushes Muse very forcefully to the left of the commander, but Muse ends up landing on the floor to the right of him.

40. In the scene where the cops get prepared before arresting Johnny Tran, a cop inserts a clip into his M16. If you watch the rifle's inside, you can clearly see the green plastic thing that is in the end of any clip, hence the clip is empty.

41. After the SWAT raid on Johnny Tran's house the scene cuts to the police chief's house. The shot fades from day into night yet the cloud in the sky doesn't move an inch.

42. In the Malibu, Dominic and Brian drive the Supra and pull up next to a Ferrari. After Dominic says to Brian, "Smoke him", a shot of both Ferrari and Supra is shown with the Ferrari's headlights in the open position. After the traffic light has changed to green and both cars drive away, the headlights are closed.

43. If the Supra is a '10 second car' and the Ferrari 355 he races is only a '13 second car', then why it the drag race portrayed as being very close. 3 seconds is a massive advantage

44. When Dom's girlfriend goes to race the Jamaican guy at race wars, you can clearly see she has Sparco racing seats, but when it shows the Jamaican rev his engine, it flips back and you can see she now has factory seats

45. When Jesse is throwin' down the pinkslip for the Jetta Leon drives the car to the starting point and Tran's Honda is right by the Jetta. But when Brian asks, "Who are you racin'?" the black Honda pulls up a second time

46. When Jesse is going to race Johnny Tran at Race Wars for pink slips and Johnny Tran pulls up in his Honda 2000 (which is really an S2000) Tran has on a black, long sleeved shirt. When the camera goes from side to front view, Tran has on a black tank top

47. When Brian and Mia are driving in the Supra at night to follow Dom and his team to stop them, the background never changes. After every cut, they're driving past the same hill...

48. When Brian and Mia are going after Dom in the middle of the night, Brian calls for a cell trace. He says this is Officer Brian Spilner, serial number blahblah. In real life, it would have been badge number

49. In the final hijack scene on the civic driven by Toretto, the front “H” logo disappears from shot to shot.

50. In the last scene with the three black Civics, the spoiler on the car Dom is driving is different at the beginning of the scene (when Vince jumps off the back for example) than at the end (when he spins out).

51. Near the end when they have the 3 black cars, Dom is trying to get Vince off the truck, they switch to a camera shot in front of the car and Dom has a brown sleeve, but when in the car he is wearing a white t-shirt.

52. When the three Civics are hijacking the truck at the end you see inside Letty's Civic which is basically stock. When she goes off the road and rolls you see the inside is stripped and has a full rollcage

53. In the last truck and 3 cars sequence, when Letty's slides under the rig before flipping her car, the camera starts shaking around, but you can clearly see that Vince is momentarily not on the side of the rig.

54. In the end when Bryan jumps onto the semi truck to save Vince if you look closely at the back of Bryan's (Paul Walker) pants you can clearly see the safety cable that holds him onto the semi truck

55. In the scene in which Jesse is shot watch his legs. In the first shot his legs are apart, then his left leg is crossed and under his right leg. After that, both his legs are stretched before him again.

56. If you pay attention to the Supra at the end of the movie when he's chasing the dirt bikes, and when he's racing Dom you will notice that it switches from clean to very dirty many times.

57. There is a scene near the end of the movie, where Brian is chasing the two guys on motorcycles that just shot his friend. At one point, first the motorcycles, and then the car leap over a hill on the street. You can clearly see two ramps at the top of the hill.

58. In the scene with the motorcycle chase they jump off the same hill twice which is in West Hollywood, once they go down the hill and turn the corner they are magically in San Pedro.

59. Near the end, when Bryan is chasing the guys on motorcycles, one of the motorcycle drivers shoots at Bryan in his Supra. As he does they show Bryan drives past the same brown Ford thunderbird two or three times.

60. In the final chase with the two bikes and the supra. Just before the 1st guy on the bike crashes going down hill, he is holding a firearm. A second later the firearm is gone and both hands have a firm grip on the handlebars as he crashes down the hill.

61.At the end of the movie, when Brian shoots the guy on the motorcycle, he gets out of the car and clearly shuts the door before crossing the street, but when he runs back to the car, to chase Dom, the door magically appears open.

62. When Brian is chasing the Charger in one scene, the Charger jumps a hill, and when it lands you can clearly see a hubcap fly off to the left. But when the car comes to a stop, you can see that it has custom rims

63. It is said that it is a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T, but it has a 1968 front grill. The 69' has a chrome split down the middle, but the 68 has four round taillights (2 on each side) while the 69' has molded body taillights (1 on each side.)

64. Near the end of the movie, when Dominique first starts to race his Charger, the front end pops up at the start line WHILE his rear tires spin. This is impossible. He could do one, but not both at the same time. The front pops up ONLY when you have traction, and the rear wheels spin only when you lose traction.

65. When Dom drags Brian in the Charger, when he does the wheelie, if you pause it at the right moment you can see the wheelie bar coming out of the back

66. Near the end of the film, when they are saving the guy off the side of the Semi, they pop the roof, hence making it like a convertible as seen when they were racing the Ferrari. At the end of the film when they are racing the train the top appears and disappears from shot to shot.

67. In the final racing scene, when Dominic's car hits the truck and flips in the air, you can clearly see the stunt driver's helmet as the car turns in the air

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:27 pm 
Feel the Steel

I may have missed this through all the errors you pointed out but you forgot to mention that everytime they raced 1/4 mile, it took them over 2 minutes to finish!! That cracked me up! I didn't pay much attention to the movie when it was on HBO but I did notice that. The only way I like rice, is FRIED!!!

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:14 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

were you completely bored out of your mind or what.i`ve seen some stupid and boring movies but i usually fell asleep not picked out 100 screwed up scenes . maybe you should be a movie analyst :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:31 pm 
Addicted to LUV

i wouldn't waste that much time. i found that on a site and cut and pasted it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:40 am 
.....yuck *shivers and trys to think about a nice lifted 1980 chevy luv sitting in her drive way*