LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:49 pm 
i am looking at buying a luv, and while no one was around i jumped in and started it to make sure it ran, next i decided to try to put it into gear and see if it moved... well i got it into reverse, moved about 4 feet, put it in 1st moved it back, i attemped to do this again and i went to put it in revers and it just ground the gears, so i thought id try 1st, and well it didnt work, i couldnt get it in gear, so i figure try the other gears, well id put it in osition and the engince would die... is this a bad clutch> or do i need a rebuild the tranndy or does it need a new tranny, i know if i buy it it will be a project truck im just trying to figure out what it needs... and help would be great... thanks

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:23 pm 
sounds like all of the above and if needed i have a four speed and the clutch that you can pay 225 for yah for you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:21 pm 
alright well ill see what happenes and ill contact you if i htink i can get that trans... thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:50 pm 
Addicted to LUV

You did not say what year truck. Some have a hydraulic clutch. If you were just holding the pedal down and not repumping it a few times, I would guess that either the clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder is bad. If it has a cable clutch it could just be an adjustment. Or it's probably the clutch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:08 pm 
it is a 1979 or 80 i do not own it yet but am going to buy it, i did however try pumping the clutch... does that help at all any help is great thanks...

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:10 pm 
Addicted to LUV

A hydraulic clutch works like brakes do and pumping it would help if its starting to get bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:08 pm 
thanks for all the info, when i get the truck im planning on putting an s-10 v6 and tranny in it any how but id like to make this one last until then...

tim