LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: VW clutch problem
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:06 am 
The clutch pedal for my buggy just "died".... It is jammed and wont budge... This is a hydrolic clutch, and the pedal no matter how hard you push it wont work.... Any ideas????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:24 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

A friend of mine had a VW, turned into a Dune Buggy. When he got it it hadn't run for a few years, and the clutch was screwed, you could push the pedal but nothing would stop, just keeping on a spinning. We took it off and took it apart (simplest design ever) and found that the little arm that engages the clutch was just broke off. So we got a new one, cleaned it all up and put it together and she worked like a damn.

Maybe, just possibly your little arm broke off and it jammed in there somwhere. Just a wild guess. Best way to figure it out is to take it out and apart. Theres like 10 bolts that holds them on there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:34 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

well try process of elimination, disconnect the slave cylinder from the clutch fork then step on it. if it is still jammed you`ve narrowed it down to the master cylinder or the slave cylinder. if the medal goes to the floor it`s internal. either the clutch or the fork. since it`s in a dune buggy they are really simple to pull the motor 2 guys could have the motor on the ground in about 45 minutes.4 bolts on the bell housing ignition wires fuel line and throttle cable.is about it unless your running some aftermarket stuff like oil coolers or engine cage then you might have a few more items. but they are really simple :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:16 pm 
Well, it doesnt really matter anymore... I forgot to put a spot weld on the nuts for the #2 cyl bearing cap, and it came off at about 5k..... Motor is trashed.... But just so ya know, it was the slave cylinder....