LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Am I insane?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:16 pm 
this space for rent

So i have had the 350 swap on my mind for my luv for a while. So i have been thinking about a new pickup truck to "replace" the luv as a workhorse. The Colorado came to mind. Then i started thinking more. Colorados have I-5 motors, what kind of motor swap oportunities would be there. There might be enough room for a 454 whithout major fire wall mods :twisted:
How cool would that be 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:43 pm 
da LUV masta

your not insane, your crazy :lol: i've heard the i5 makes good power. i still like the 4.3 though. its a 350 with 2 cylinders cut off.

"A man who says it can't be done shouldn't interrupt a man doing it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:19 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I just looked at colaradoes about two weeks ago. That I-5 does make pretty good power, 220hp. Looks like it would be hell to work on. Damn trucks are steep too. The one I looked at had few options other than 4WD and Z71 package, it was a little over $28K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:41 pm 
this space for rent

im just looking at a daily driver in one i would get. I would probly get an ext. cab 2wd 4cyl. It priced out to $19K. About the same price as Nissan and Toyota and has better power and gets better millage...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:12 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I was looking for a ZR5. I have a ZR2 now but I need the 4 doors now(god I never thought I would say that :lol: ). Think I'm going to hold out for one since the options I need on a colarado is just to damn high. I found an '03 ZR5 for $20k, that's a little more like it. Besides if I spend all my money on a payment, I'll never get my motor for my luv.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:45 pm 
MEPR wrote:
im just looking at a daily driver in one i would get. I would probly get an ext. cab 2wd 4cyl. It priced out to $19K. About the same price as Nissan and Toyota and has better power and gets better millage...
i'd take a toyota tacoma over the colorado in my opinion. the 3.4l v6 has 190hp stock, and it's a good proven engine. if that's not enough juice, you can get the TRD supercharger for it

too bad toyota doesn't sell cheap cars and trucks like they did 20 years ago any more though :(

that inline 5 sounds pretty interesting...an I6 would be even better and oh-so-smooth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:51 pm 
da LUV masta

Well, the I5 is a torque monster with lots of potential. BUT, if any of you have read the off road magazine reviews of this years trucks, you will see the the Colorado got horrible reviews. There wasn't much good to say about it. It overheated a couple times, was hard to see out the windshield with all the glare from the dash, had suspension problems, everything. The only thing good they had to say was that it was roomy inside. It had a lot of "first year blues". So, personally I would wait until next year and see if the reviews are better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:37 pm 
that and every vehicle they tested was an AUTOMATIC! yuck!

if only manufacturers would start producing vehicles with straight axles in the front again...but we'll probably never see that happen. only 2 occasions that ifs was ditched for the straight axle, ford f250s not too long ago and jeep wagoneers had ifs for about 2 years back in the 60s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:05 am 
this space for rent

i dont trust any of the mags that test trucks on the road and call it a test. I read the Petersons artical on it and the only realy problem was the I-5 overheated in sand. And sand is HARD on a motor. As far as Toyota goes, they are a great truck but i dont trust the V-6s. I have known 4people who had them throw rods whith under 100,000miles on the clock, not a good motor in my eyes. Then there fuel millage, the colorado gets better millage than the Tacomas whith v-6s (the I-5s whith autos are clocking in at 20-22mpg once broke in, the I-4 should be better). Im just looking for a nice new truck and for what i whant (another fuel friendly 4banger truck thats good for the money) the Colorado comes out on top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:10 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Call me crazy, but would that Vortec I5 be a good luv engine? 220hp sounds great to me... i try and stray away from V8's... poor gas mileage and plus... when you do burn a V8, it feels so much sweeter... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:28 pm 
Banishment Pending

A Vortec I-5 in a LUV, hmmmmm, i like the sounds of that very much, too bad it would be darn near imposible because of the length of the block, and all of the electronic stuff on it too :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:49 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

*tear*...