LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Race car.?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:29 am 
Addicted to LUV

I did not make it to the race tonight. My son says the electric fuel pump was getting very hot. Dodge neon in a dirt car class. Mostly stock but they require a fuel cell. The aftermarket pump has been turned down to 56psi at the fuel rail with what i would call a bypass regulator. No return line from the rail. We have the tank, fuel pump, regulator which bypasses extra pressure-fuel back to the tank. Pump is rated at 125psi. I do not remember the gph on it.

Now my question. If the gph is being restricted by hose size would this make the pump run hot. Is the gph just a max number? If I go with a larger fuel line from the pump to the regulator and to the fuel tank return from the regulator would this help-cure it. They ran the same pump and tank setup on their other car, but I think it had the return off the rail. My son says it is the same. We have both pumps,regulators and they just swapped the rail and injectors off the wrecked car.

The factory steel fuel line is small. But it did work before this weekend.

Ideas ?

Post subject: Re: Race car.?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:07 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Might be that it is dead heading at the regulator. I dont think the fuel line would affect it that much, you just would lose some gph. If possible add a return line, the fuel flow will cool the pump.

Post subject: Re: Race car.?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:26 am 
Addicted to LUV

We have a fuel line that returns the fuel on the regulator. 3" from the pump to the regulator. Are you saying run a return line from the fuel rail back to the tank? Not sure if the pump would would ke with the open return.

Since I was not there I don't know if it would do that in the pits or just durning a race. If it would do it seating in the pits I could run a return hose at home out side the car and see if that helps. I could run up the rpm's at home....same as a race, put my fuel pressure gauge on the fuel tail to see if I can get enough pressure.

He is not going to want to listen to the old man, "because" it worked on the other which I think was different but it is some where else .

Your think goes along with mine, just a different way. I will have to seek behind his back and try it . He is going on vacation and the car is at his house !!!!!!!