LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:29 am 
Addicted to LUV

So I'm thinking of using Herculiner for the bed of my Luv. Have any of you used it before? What are the pros and cons of it?

Also regarding safety issues, can you get by with a regular resperator, eye protection, and gloves? I read their website, but didn't have too much regarding the resperator part.

"When all else fails, follow the directions".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:56 pm 
Feel the Steel

I did my Silverado with it (we sell it at ACE Hardware where I work) about 2 weeks before it got hit :evil:. It took me all day to do it but it turned out awesome! Once it warms up here (if it ever will) I get to do it again since I found another bed instead of having the side panel replaced. All I needed was some a couple pair of rubber gloves, some crappy clothes, masking tape, acetone and some extra scotch brite, they one that comes with the kit doesnt last very long. Everything else is in the kit. I didnt think the fumes were bad at all, I didnt use any kind of mask or respirator it is nowhere near as bad as auto paint. I did it in the garage with the door open. The worst part is prepping the bed with the scotch brite. It was about 90 out when I did it, it says put a second coat on it a few hours, I waited 4 and I was sticking to the bed so I got a roller extension and rolled the second coat from the outside of the bed. If you get it anywere that you dont want, the acetone takes it off really well before it dries.
Before
After (I pounded out the dents in the fenders before I lined it)

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:23 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Thanks for the tips, and the before & after pics. Hoping to get mine done this weekend providing the weather stays clear. =)

"When all else fails, follow the directions".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:57 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I used it on my LUV's interior. As for the bed, I don't know how well it will hold up. Rhino lining and the like are WAY better and thicker, but also much more money. I wore through the Herculiner with my right heal (go and stop peddles)in no time. Touched it up with the spray can and wore through it again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:10 pm 

I did a jeep tub with it years ago and I thought it worked great. I would use it again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:30 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I have used four of the kits,
one for my daily drivers 6ft truck bed,
one for my wheeler, used it on the floor and inside the fenders, bumpers etc..
one 1/2 kits for my 18ft flatbed trailer, rolled it on the pressure treated boards on top and used spray cans underneath, and rolled it on most of the edges where you would step on
the last 1/2 used on my luv's bed, yea it was only 1/2 left from trailer but was enough to do a lite coat.

its nowhere as thick as say a linex or any other "professionally" sprayed on liner but for the price you cant beat it
easy to use, I did it outside in the driveway, hardest part is the prepping. I bought as cheap as $55 for kit(on sale plus rebate), the most I spent was still inder $100
If you want it a little thicker buy the extra can, I did this on my daily driver after about a year of abuse :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:32 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Oh-yeah buy some disposable gloves
trust me :oops: