LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:54 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Hi guys, my girlfriends truck is having some fuel delivery issues and I'm thinking of going to a FASS delivery system. It's alot more expensive than OE replacement but a DIESEL mechaninc I know says it's the way to go. Anybody have experience with it? Is it worth the $1020 over the $375 for an OE replacement? Any input is appreciated.

2005 Silverado 3/4T Crew Cab
1981 Luv 2WD
1979 Luv 4x4 Currently going through Open Heart and Cosmetic surgery
1995 Roughneck JetBoat
1981 Luv parts trk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:05 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Well, I had a Fuel Preparator on my L10 Cummins (300 hp) 1987 Peterbilt years ago and it helped a bunch I thought. It was, I believe, the grandfather to the FASS deal.
http://www.pureflowairdog.com/fuel-preporator.php This is a more modern one than mine.

I was told the big deal was that it gets all the air out of the fuel. Normally you're injecting kind of a foamy fuel. With this system you are injecting just fuel. For a pick up, IDK if it that much $ would be worth it though. Maybe if you pull or carry much with it. If it's just basically a commuter type use I wouldn't bother.

Also, I think mine was just an additional pump. It didn't replace any other pump.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:41 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Thanks RONDOG. I was talking with her earlier and I think she is going to go with option 3. I think she is going to go wth a MOPAR after market model that goes in the tank. That's what her mechanic told told her since about the most she ever hauls with it is her horse trailer and horses...about 6,000 pounds total. That's only about twice a month for a couple hundred miles at most. It's a 2002 truck with 45,000 miles on it. From the info I've been able to gather, the FASS system is for someone really using a diesel to it's capacity.

I'm not the biggest fan of in tank pumps but I think she has made up her mind. I hope this is the fix for it. Thanks for the info.

2005 Silverado 3/4T Crew Cab
1981 Luv 2WD
1979 Luv 4x4 Currently going through Open Heart and Cosmetic surgery
1995 Roughneck JetBoat
1981 Luv parts trk