LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Electric LUV Truck
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:09 pm 
da LUV masta

Saw this on craigslist, very cool project someone has done, with gas the way it is probably see more of these around soon .

Quote:
phoenix craigslist- Electric chevy luv was built by evit as a race car, it was raced for a couple of times then it got put outside and forgotten about, i bought it as a project and bought a brand new charger for it for $1200.00 and that is as far as i got. the charger is still in the unopened box. The motor alone is worth $8000.00 to $10,000.00. all the electronics are there, it needs some batteries and some TLC but would be a real unique ride when done. it does have a title, would make a great car for teenager to drive to school, no gas to buy will go about 60 to 70 miles on a charge, no emissions, no tune-ups, no oil changes, no radiator to spring a leak, and would be a great family project. $4500.00 firm call mark at 480 329 2650

Post subject: Re: Electric LUV Truck
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:29 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Yea, I think that's been on here before. I think it was a high school project, that actually worked and got worn out. Now needs some love.

Post subject: Re: Electric LUV Truck
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:14 am 
PITA Old Fart

There's some guys up here in the PNW like Steve Lough in Seattle that have done a few electric conversions on various cars - but with lithium instead of lead batteries.

They are a very expensive as hell conversion to do though. (Costs around $25,000.00 as far as I know.)

But they can do about 70 mph for over 60 miles on a single charge and don't cost too much to recharge. For around $30,000.00 you can buy a brand new electric car and get a break from the IRS on your income tax to recoup some of your $$ back too.

But until they get the price down way closer to my budget and/or they can travel a bit farther without running out of go juice..I think I'll stick to my pretty little tricked out 3 door 4-banger '99 GMC Sonoma. Besides...my truck matches the color on my '02 Vstar 1100 Classic and I can't see breaking up the set...lol

(Not my vehicles - but nearly exactly like mine. Except my bike has different bags with a shorter windshield and my truck has nicer 22" wheels and tires with accents painted to match my bike. I'm just too tired to get up off of my lazy butt and fire up my digital camera to post any pics of mine...lol)