LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:38 am 
Addicted to LUV

I just got my transmo back together in my LUV, I had smoked the high gear clutches. I have been running the standard .098 thick red lion clutches and standard thickness Kolene coated steels. This makes for a stock numbered 5 clutch pack set up in a non modified stock drum. I purchased a new set from BTE (Memphis Performance answers when you call BTE). Part #240010 is the clutches and steels for this project, in Kit form. Not sure if it is listed on the website, and for sure not in the hard copy catalog they sent with my order. These are .060 thick, the other thin ones are .070, which is all that used to be available. Kit comes with a set of 8 clutches and steels. In my case, all 8 fit and the aip gap was dead in the center of the allowable range with no drum mods at all. In some cases, you may need to do some trimming of the drum cover to get your gap dead on if it is too tight, but you might get lucky. These are the clutches that they are using in their 10 clutch drum option. If you have the 8 drum clutch set up already, you can run 10 of these bad boys now with no modding, unless you have too much gap, which would mean sourcing a new drum cover.. Some of you probably have this info already, just tossing it out there for those who do not. I will also say, I ordered online Tuesday @ 10:00 am, UPS dropped them off Wednesday afternoon, standard shipping. This has always been the case when I have ordered from them, so they don't dick around...

FIAA!

SFPP!