LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: End of the rope
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:44 pm 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Well if it weren't for bad luck i wouldn't have any. I guess I messed up my motor. Was putting in the pistons and I broke 3 rings. One ring broke and ruined my cylinder with a deep scratch beyond honing.. Now I either have to buy new pistons and go 40 over or keep the pistons and find another block and have it bored for my pistons I have now. I have a new set of rings coming but i am not messing with putting them in. If I decide to go on with the project I will let the machine shop put them in. I had 5 pistons in allready and boom. Took the block down to the shop and found out the bad news..
I am really considering selling everything. I have 1600 in the block, pistons, machine work, crank, cam and bearings and and intake and still need the aluminum heads and carb I am back to the beginning out of money and patience.
I have truck in pieces with too much invested to put much more in it.
It will cost me another 200 to get a different block bored not counting getting it lined bored again. So much for building a really nice motor and street truck. I thought once the motor was together I was on the downhill slide. So much for selling my good running motor and trying to go better. Even if I do get another block not sure if i want to continue.

ALMOST AT THE END OF MY LIMITS

Post subject: Re: End of the rope
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:46 pm 
Addicted to LUV

It can be frustrating. I usually step away for a day or two, then the urge hits again. The end result is usally worth it...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:39 am 
Addicted to LUV

:signiagree Once you get it going and start driving it, you will be glad you finished it instead of selling it.

Sometimes too much to drink isn't enough!!
Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken.
http://www.wildluvracing.com

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:25 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Check about having a sleeve put in the bad cylinder. That would saving having do do all the rest again. These are a good thing if done by a good machine shop. I have done plenty. I don't know what it will cost, but I thought it was a reasonable price.

If they say the don't make one for it, go somewhere else. All you need is one that has the id and od that works. The hole will need to be bored no mater what. They all will have to be machined down and the blocked decked.You could stay stock bore and use the pistion as long as it is good.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:40 pm 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

You know G I thought of that but wasn't real thrilled about doing that but might go ahead and see what they say. I know they do that and are very good. I need one to be .30 over since the block was bored before. The block has been decked .009 allready. Not sure if that makes a difference. Also I don't guess it would hurt the balance of anything done with the pistons and rods and cranks. Will it hold up to over 400 horse.
I dug out another 010 block I had and will take it apar too. I am pretty sure it is a virgin block. Will definately talk to them tomorrow and see what they think about sleeving it.