LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:00 pm 
Hey brian, thats cool about being unbiased. I was that way until I figured out that you're never really feel part of a team until you pick a side. Its not like its life or death, its just fun to poke fun WITH a bunch of guys at a make, rather than be on the sidelines.

I looked at fords products and chevys, and chose chevy. I think the first thing that moved me toward chevy is the the fact that the sb has an even #. 350. Not 351. Its like ford missed something by one. thats how the uninformed guy like I was took his first step toward chevy.

Other things like who wants a freakin distributor up front. I say, set it- tighten it, forget about it. You have to admit, chevy is the most common, and I beleive its for a reason.

I'm just tryin to win ya over :lol: . But truthfully, if you were stranded in the middle of know where in a luv, and i saw a 351 in it, id keep goin cause id figure that as a result youde get bent enough from being broke down that youde throw a chevy in it. :twisted: so id be doin ya a favor! 8)

I lived next to a diehard ford freak bung hole, in sultan named lee. It was out in the woods. so I got a dog and named it chevy. I would yell for it CHEVY...CHEVY. used to tick em off. i think lee was the 2nd reason for me to choose chevy.

Join the team.......

Post subject: Unbias
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:23 am 
It has nothing to do with being part of a team, i just am unbias and love all sorts of cars. By the way what color are your pom- poms. Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:36 pm 
Nice one. too bad.

later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:22 pm 
Pick a side, isnt this a LUV site? As far as odd an even numbers go, who gives a fuck! And this was your first reason for going with Chevy?The only numbers i care about is what i could put in the cheapest and achieve the most H.P. As far as where the distributor is, I also say who gives a fuck! My whole truck install is custom by me and almost everything is different from norm. Remember mine started with a 4 banger, i didnt buy it done. One last thing, if my drivetrain was to bother you it shows what a shallow person you are. It would be your loss as i feel i have alot of info to offer to anybody no matter what they run. Remember the color of mine, If i am broke down just keep driving or if im at the track just keep walkin. Too Bad? Your kidding me. Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:57 pm 
Addicted to LUV

AH the old Ford Chevy pissing match. Personally, I'm a Chevy fan, but as long as there is a LUV body wrapped around it I'll still think it is cool. I'd prefer a small block chev motor, but at least half of my feelings on that are biased by the fact that I have access to a ready supply of parts for them and that I have more experience with them.

A custom LUV should be an extension of one's personality, if you're a Ford fan, go with what you know. I knew a guy that had a LUV with a Dodge motor in it, 318 I think, and it was a screamer. More important though, it was his truck with his fingerprints all over it. Make your LUV *YOUR* LUV. Hell, put a CAT V8 in the thing if you want. (Which I think would be the coolest LUV yet) Having a LUV is all about being contrary to popular opinion, so go all the way with it if you want.

As for the whole Ford Chevy Mopar Caterpillar motor debate, I don't think anyone should take it personal ever. A little rivalry is supposed to be fun. Its like getting in a fight over Coke vs Pepsi, they taste different and different people like different tastes, but the caffine works fine in both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:50 pm 
Ding, ding, ding.And thats the end of round one folks. Is this a boxing ring or a forum for people to help their fellow man. Just an after thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:52 pm 
Well as far as im concerned, Im at home here on a chevy site, douche bag. among other chevy enthusiast. I have come to know the ins and outs of a motor, and any true enthusiasts will tell you the chevy product is preffered. what a child. cussin and bitchin. Kleenex?.......

Your avitar is fitting, you wear it well.

this site is getting full of bitchy little whiners. Try to make conversation and these little babies go off. Children. Whine all you want. Then grow up, and try to communicate a little nicer. freak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:55 pm 
Yeah just like 800xl said a little rivalry should be fun. thats all. go rearead what i said. thats all.

whah

typical ford guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:00 pm 
I agree, but if somebody comes to LUV site for Questions they shouldnt be ridiculed for asking a question. They should be answered openely and honestely. That is what this site is for isnt it? As i have said before i am unbias towards makes or models, so this isnt a ford or chevy thing. Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:00 pm 
Addicted to LUV

:popcorn: < LARPHEAD :lol: :wink:

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:08 pm 
And finally, if someone wants to tell you the reasons he became a chevy lover, and put in a plug or two to try to win you over, you have to take a chill pill. this IS a chevy site. dont start throwin punches so early. I said nothing offensive. go re read.

funny thing is, some of the best conversations ive had were debating the ford chevy thing. It can be an ongoing debate, just like torque and horsepower. thats what hot rodding is all about. And the fact that you dont give a F*** about much means a lot. The more you learn, the more you care.

D.C al fine'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:14 pm 
Change your signature! I believe it says be happy with what youve got

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:18 pm 
BTW if you bore a 350 .030 over isnt it a 355, or if you put a 400 crank in a 350 a 383.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:23 pm 
look a (LUV)ERS quarrel :lol: hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:54 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

hhhmmm i wonder where i rank chevy engine and trans. with a ford rear end and driveline. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:49 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I agree with Bryan, If someone wants some help with their particular project, then they should be able to ask for some help. Not to be swayed to some other line of thinking. If the question is "should i go with engine X or engine Y" then there's room for debate. But if someone is set on a particular setup, then thats the starting point to give advice and info to complete the job. Owners have their reasons for going with a particular configuration whether it's a loyalty issue or economic issue or what have you. So if someone has a question or needs advice, give them your help. If not, please get out of the way. Im sure that they want to get there project rolling and not listen to the comments from the cheap seats.

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:34 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Is this a chevy site???

I thought it was a luv site. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:47 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I would hate to see this site go down hill with all the bad langauge. That is what the ricer web site's did when they were posted on here. Just argue your side with out all the bad words. If you think Ford is better, make your case. And I dont care if you think I am a prude, this site has been better than that. So please stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:09 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Yes it would be a shame to see this site go down hill. There has been a great amount of information passed around to keep these trucks running. And a lot of ideas for paint and apperance. I myself would like to stay on that line of thinking. My truck has a home here and i'd like it to stay that way.

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

Post subject: Apology
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:56 pm 
Im sorry if i offended anybody. I was frustrated. I just wish RBG would have gotten a constructive answer versus the destructive. I dont want anybody to feel bad for asking a question. Again, im sorry, Bryan