LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: trouble in snow again
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:26 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

more trouble in the snow today, this tiem it could have been bad. It started out when we drove my buddies 77 ford 2wd over the hill to his nieghbors to put cenders down, us being the dumb a$$es we are thougth we would go down the hill and work up it back words. after we got the cenders down by the house we turned around and was goin to go up the driveway, and we couldnt get up the hill, so we hooked a 4wd s-10 tot eh 77 and tried to pull it up, when we was almost to the top both trucks lost traction and took off backwards. The s-10 rammed into the frotn off the 77, and then the 77 sldie sideways and the s-10 hit the side of it. This knocked the frotn of the 77 over the little drop off beside the driveway, about another 4 foot and the whole truck would have went over, probably rolling it. After everything had stopped we go tout and checked the trucks out, luckily the bumpers met when the 2 hit and didnt do any damage. and when the s-10 hit the side of the 77, the reese hitch hit the front right wheel, bending the hubcap. Now we ahd to figur eout how to get these trucks unstuck. after bout 10 minute si determined, we could try to get the back of the 77 to sldie down the hill if we spun the tires... this worked, and I got the s-10 worked aroudn behind it and got it the front fo it pulled back up on the driveway. Then i tookt he s-10 to teh top and emptied the cenders out of it. I parked the s-10 out of the way, and backed the 77 up, and got a run, up to the top i went with no problems. After all of this, i relize dhow lucky we were those trucks didnt go on over the drop off. and all we messed up was a old ford hubcap. Sorry no pics, i never have a camera handy when the ugly stuff happens, from now on i'm going to carry one in the glove box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:23 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Man....wish I had your kinda luck. I would have rolled and then my gas tank would've exploded like in the movies :onfire: :angel:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:38 pm 
sounds pretty exciting. thats the best part of snow. the challenge to get around and not get stuck. and when you do get stuck, the challenge to get out. I thouroughly enjoy both :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:49 pm 
OK, I feel a snow story comin on.

I used to hang out with these two trouble makers. One had his parents big old delta 88- 4 door- boat, and me and my trouble maker buddy were in the back seat causin trouble. It was VERY slick and snowy out. there were three foot snow banks on all the roads. we had taken a wrong turn, and in the midst of a "twenty point turn" to turn around, my buddy yells- "C'mon! lets go. step on it. Ill tell you if there's a snow bank"

so the meat head driver gets his foot in it. From the back seat "c'mon, your not even close."

gettin pissed at all the yelling, driver floors it.

my buddy pulls his head inside a few seconds later, and with an evil grin goes, "snowbank" :rofl:

BAM! :lol: we instantly hit this hard crusty pile of snow about 20 mph and took out all his parents tail lights. NEVER laughed so hard in my life. He had this sick grin as he muttered 'snowbank'. oh man that was funny!

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:14 am 
Addicted to LUV

I don't have a bad snow story like that, but about 8 years ago when it snowed real good me and my bro took the red luv we had (with several shotgun blasts in it) to the big walmart parking lot and I would get going and spin it around 360 degrees and keep on going.......we did it several times and figured we had better split before the copz came out....hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:06 pm 
this space for rent

oh the snow is so much fun.
One day while i was driving my ford (oh its been a while since it ran :x ) i was up north on the back roads and come to a stop sign and stoped no probs. Well the problem was getting going again, the 2 wheels in the back wouldnt go, so i pop the t-case into 4x4 well it wouldnt go so try 2x4 again still nothin so i finally get it to grip and i figure ill take this slow and put the tranny into low gear (1st on that tranny is a 7:1 ratio) and well the t-case was in 4lo and so the tires start spinin something fierce. I red line that poor 4.9L inline 6 and the speedo is saying im going 5mph, motors wailing and im still not moving... :roll:
Well about 15 min later i get the t-case into 4high and had no probs the rest of the day.
But the luv well its just a hot rod and nothing stops it :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:29 pm 
this space for rent

ah i was just reminded of my buddies 78 datsun 2wd pick up. Oh that thing was fun as i remeber i was walking faster than it was going and the speedo read 60mph 8O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:41 pm 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Heres another snow story. My freind had a chevette a few years back and was jumping the snow piles at a mall where he worked at the time. What he didnt realize is that some of the piles had the concrete islands under them. Yeah, you guessed it, he hit an island. Most of the chevette flew over the island with the exception of the front tires and the suspension parts they were attached to. R.I.P. another GM classic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:57 pm 
Addicted to LUV

bighappy wrote:
Heres another snow story. My freind had a chevette a few years back and was jumping the snow piles at a mall where he worked at the time. What he didnt realize is that some of the piles had the concrete islands under them. Yeah, you guessed it, he hit an island. Most of the chevette flew over the island with the exception of the front tires and the suspension parts they were attached to. R.I.P. another GM classic.

:rofl: :lol: im sorry....but THATS fu*kin FUNNY :!:

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:36 pm 
OK, ive got one. Years ago when i was in high school, I went to a party with a buddy. He runs up to me and says 'dude, ive just scored us 2 chicks, lets go, we're outa here'. they were coming out as he pulled up in his car. Im standing there looking shootin the breeze with these chicks. he pulls up and they look at him and said " i thought you said you have a vette. He's like, i did.
she says this is a Chevette. 8O they got this look like 'what ever!'. no score.

g