LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:26 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

well I dropped in the fresh motor over the weekend and fired it up well the oil pressure jumped right up to 40psi. then as the engine warmed up it proceeded to drop and keep dropping all the way to 5 psi at idle. i was fustrated and pissed trying to figure out what was wrong. i pulled a valve cover and it was getting plenty of oil up top alot more than 5 psi worth and there were no unusual noises from the engine. so i swapped out gauges and pressure line nothing changed the engine would idle about 5 to 8 psi if you brought up the rpm it would go to20 psi and fluctuate there. someone suggested i change the oil filter they had that problem before and they said it was a fram ph 30 same as what i`m running. so on the way home i decided to give it a shot. went to checker started comparing filters between fram,penzoil and k&n . well the k&n had larger holes i guess they are the return holes surrounding the center one. penzoil and fram were the same size. any ways i put the k&n filter on and it solved the problem. it idles at 25 and jumps up to 60 at the hit of the gas. i just thought i would post this long winded problem in case someone else has had a similar problem. has anyone else had this happen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:20 pm 
Banishment Pending

hey thanks, i had a simular problem w/ my '88 Trooper and i did the same thing and it fixed it,

BTW- Phoenix is NOT 2 feet from hell, Lake Havasu is, trust me my grandmother lived there up till just a few weeks ago when she decided to kick the bucket, it is a heck of a lot hotter there than in Phoenix, srry i just had to comment on that, no offense :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:45 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

was the filter you had the problem with a fram too? yea your right havasu is quite a bit hotter than here . i have some friends and reaitives up in the prescott area. i here they are opening a new circle track up there has it opened yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:44 pm 
Banishment Pending

answer to your first question: yea the filter was a Fram, they suck i quit buying them, K&N for my babies only!
answer to second question: i had no clue they where even building a circle track, so i would have no clue to when it opens, srry

P.S. Maybe we should get a group of us AZ Luv guys togather some time and shoot the breeze. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:02 pm 
Japanese Redneck

I have heard similar stories to yours but never experienced it myself. FYI pennzoil filters are made by allied the same company that makes fram. I use delco, Wix, Napa gold, and best of all System 1.

28x10 Goodyears

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:31 pm 
Banishment Pending

thanks for the FYI, even though i've never used penzoil and don't plan to now. delco eh, hum i'll have to try that one on my parents GMC and Chevy trucks. oh yea have you heard anything about Motocraft (FORD) just a quetion, my parents also own a Ford Explorer.

System 1, never heard of them or Wix for that matter ether :roll: