LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 96 blazer fuel problem
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:18 am 
Addicted to LUV

all right guys, i need some help with a problem i'm having with my 96 blazer 4.3.

okay, about a week ago it started stalling for no reason. moving or at idle it will die at any rpm. just slowly dies. first i thought it was my fuel pump. i just replaced it abouty 5 months ago.

the fuel pump is 4 times louder than it's sopposed to be.
before it dies the pump gets even louder than shuts off. i took it back and got a replacement (dropped tank with 20 gals with no drain plug :x ). it ran good for about 3 days then started dying again. got in there and replaced the fuel filter. so clogged i couldn't even blow through it.

it's still dying. i'm leanin on the injectors being bad.
whats the symtoms on them going out ?
it dies alot when it's hot out. dies only once in a while at night when its cool out.
do you think possibly that the fuel pump relay is getting hot and making it shut the pump off ?? or ther injectors being clogged up ?

any help would be apprec.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:23 am 
OG Lifer

My luv was doing the same thing, till I replaced the relay. Other than that, I am baffled.

WATCH YOUR PIEHOLE!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:59 pm 
bcg187 wrote:
all right guys, i need some help with a problem i'm having with my 96 blazer 4.3.

okay, about a week ago it started stalling for no reason. moving or at idle it will die at any rpm. just slowly dies.

it ran good for about 3 days then started dying again.

it dies alot when it's hot out. dies only once in a while at night when its cool out.

Some things you said here really jump out at me, and remind me of a couple of past experiences i've had, sounds EXACTLY like sugar or a substance similar to it in your gas-tank. 8O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:07 am 
Addicted to LUV

problem is now fixed :wink:
i traded it in for a 02 blazer 2 door. i'll post pics later. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:33 am 
Addicted to LUV

well, here it is. i love it. the axles are geared different so it's kinda wierd getting used to, but i don't care cause it has a sunroof :o
i have no clue where i'm goin to put the tv's though :?
new rims are already on order, i hate those ugly things..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:11 am 
Addicted to LUV

SAWEET!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:02 am 
OG Lifer

Nice ride, and love the color :D

WATCH YOUR PIEHOLE!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:03 am 
Addicted to LUV

thanks guys, i picked it because its black. i almost got a 03 explorer but decided on the blazer because of the sunroof and how overall clean it was. i've had it 2 weeks now and have already got 4 door dings from f*cking assholes out here. people just don't give a shit anymore. :evil: thats one of the worst things you can do to my car. these people just don't know, i will beat some ass over a small dent and proudly go to jail.
i once had a young kid put a dent in the luvs drivers door once. i got in my truck and with all my force slammed my door into his putting a 4 inch long dent in his :lol: that made me feel better :D it's gotten so bad out here every time i get out my car i have to do a walk around on my car to check for dents. :evil: let me catch someone in the act......

maybe someone can help me out.
how far can you go on modifing the engine with it being under warrentee?? like exhaust, throttle body spacers, and reprogramming the computer with one of thoses hypertech systmes ?
i've never had a new car and i'm clueless :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:06 am 
Addicted to LUV

bcg187 wrote:

maybe someone can help me out.
how far can you go on modifing the engine with it being under warrentee?? like exhaust, throttle body spacers, and reprogramming the computer with one of thoses hypertech systmes ?
i've never had a new car and i'm clueless :oops:
I am guessing when I say this, but I bet you can't do a damn thing to it but change the oil. And thats if you use the specified oil :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:30 am 
Addicted to LUV

thats what i thought. a couple people said the same, but one buddy of mine said as long as it still passes all the smog and computer tests its ok. :? it has a lifetime oil change but i'll probably end up buying the filters. those k&n oil filters are really good.

i'd like to change the exhaust note alittle bit. i have the throttle body spacer right now but i'm not sure if i want to put it on or not. i think they'll say no to that.
if they like it or not i am getting the hypertech system. it has NO torque at all above 65.
i took a drive down to pueblo today (40 miles) to the good guys car show and wasn't impressed at all with the torque :evil: other than the torque its awesome :D
interior is spotless, you can eat off the engine, frame, exterior, are super clean, surprisingly it's pretty good on gas (300+ a tank). all i'm plannin on the exterior is some big tires, and maybe the front windows tinted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:47 am 
Addicted to LUV

That's cool! We got a 2000 blazer not too long ago that only had like 34000 miles on it, and we love it!

Congrats!